Best place to buy work boots?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlc007, Feb 17, 2013.

1. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

DH needs a new pair of work boots and was wondering where the best places were for Danner type boots ? Anybody have any favorite brands? His Danners were "supposed " to be waterproof but was a joke. Any we should stay away from?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

timberland in the smithfield outlets. Only ones that dont hurt hubby's feet.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Red Wing is the best there re IMHO. Water proof means water proof. they are comfortable, and Made in USA. Be prepared to Pay $$$. Otherwise check Tractor Supply

4. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Ditto what Mark states

Hubby LOVES Redwing workboots. They did cost some but you get what you pay for and they have been holding up very well. He's had them I think a bit over a year now.

Also, being work related, may be able to take them off on his taxes as a deduction.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My stepfather worked in landscape construction and snow removal, he wouldn't wear anything but LL Beans, and when he wore out the bottoms, he'd send them back and they would put new soles/rubber on them. Granted there is no where local to try them on at, you'd have to order them online and just return them if he didn't like them.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with Red Wing. They used to have a store in Garner. I'm not sure if it's still there.

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

It is still there. on US 70 on left heading towards Raleigh, Past Tryon I think

8. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

They aren't as good as they use to be many many years ago.

9. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Red Wing!

I think they have a lifetime warranty on them, I could be wrong. They are the best though!

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Red Wing is all my husband will wear. He tried the cheap Walmart version and they didn't last a month. Red Wings are hard to wear out and they stand behind their products.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

www.academy.com

free shipping on shoes over 49.00.

I ordered boots and cleats from there, they came the next day Fedex. Wow!

12. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

Hudson Hardware in Garner has some nice boots. Red Wind and Tractor Supply have durable boots too. You might also want to try Country Connection. Just depending on what type of work boot you are looking to wear.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Ronnie's Country Store? I always bring family there for a good 'ole fashioned country tour when they are in town. They never cease to be amazed. :)

14. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Y'all rock!

4042ers never cease to amaze me....thank you for all your advice.
    Sorry I haven't responded sooner....unfortunately, DH came home Tuesday with broken ribs and other various owies from falling down some icy stairs.
    :cry: DD is home with pneumonia on top of it all, so boot shopping got postponed....lol.

Thanks again....so much.:hurray: