Best route from SE Clayton to Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by RickH, Sep 10, 2014.

1. RickH

RickH Member

For several years, I've commuted from Clayton (the Boling St/Everette Church neighborhood near Food Lion, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, etc.) to Raleigh via US 70 Business to 40 West. But, due to the part of Clayton where I live, for the past couple of days, I've headed down Boling Dr. to Ranch Road to 70 Bypass to 40 West into Raleigh. Although it's 4-5 miles longer, I've noticed that, unless there's some major backup, I've been able to make very good time (25 minutes or less from my house to my office in Raleigh). So, just out of curiosity, if anyone here lives in the south end of Clayton as I do and you drive to Raleigh each day, what route do you take?

2. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

old garner road to martin luther king blvd/western to blue ridge and walla i am at rex in 25 min...

3. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Shotwell, Bethlehem, Grasshopper, Poole onto Hodge Rd. From Hodge Rd I have option to take 264E or continue on Hodge Rd to come out on New Bern. My destination is Corp Pkwy & New Hope Rd.

Above is the scenic route with not much congestion at all 'cept for lately a bit at the Hodge Rd bypass that leads to 264. But I can look down from overpass onto 264to see how congested it is before making the choice to stay on Hodge or getting on to 264.

I too live there where you mention. Takes me 30mins but I enjoy the route considering.

4. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

what part of Raleigh?

5. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I live near Archer Lodge, so I take Smithfield road to 64 then hop on 540 to come out at Triangle Town. I work on Capital near there. Oh, and if there is no traffic tie up, then it takes me about 25 minutes. Coming home........now that is a different story. Takes 35 to 40 depending on the number of idjits on the road.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I am not about to share the path I take. I'm going to enjoy it until everyone else figures it out.