Big Ups

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

To the produce stand across from Cleveland Elementary and across from Coats. I think its L&G Farms? Anywho's we were going tonight to Food Lion to get one of their cheap $29 trees and L&G had a sign out saying their trees were the lowest prices in years. So we stopped in and looked around, in the rain, and found a nice 7 footer for $34. We paid about $60 for the same thing last year.

Dont know if they were trying to save a few bucks for everyone but i cant recall ever getting a 7 foot Fraizer before for $34 bucks.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I saw the sign there as well today,$34 for a seven footer does sound good!

I wonder if Lowes is selling them for less this year too but I doubt it.

3. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

I heard that this year is a bumper crop due to the cooler temps and all the rainfall. Greater supply means lower prices for us!! Yeah :)

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Yes, that Local Guy, Gene Lee & wifes place. L&G Farms - He's a good guy!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I haven't had a real tree in years, might just have to get one this year rather than dragging out the old standby.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I love a real tree. But the last couple of times we've gone that route, the branches start to droop within a week or so. That includes the one that we traveled to the mountains and cut down ourselves at a Christmas Tree Farm. Hubby says that it's just too warm here!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I saw oodles of folks with real trees traveling with them strapped to their vehicles this weekend. It's WAY too early to be putting up a real tree in my opinion. Talk about a fire hazard!! If we go that route, it won't be put up for another couple weeks. Real trees scare me. :mrgreen:

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I love real trees, but I try to find a fresh one around the middle of December.

9. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Arent the ones at Food Lion Frazier trees too?

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member