Birthday party places~

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bystander, Jan 7, 2013.

1. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

Anyone have any ideas for places to hold a 9 year old boy's birthday party?
    I'm afraid that Kid's Clubhouse and Jumping Jax may cater to a younger crowd.
    Adventure Landing would be cool but it might be a turn off for some of the parents to have to drive to Raleigh.
    Winter birthdays are hard. If it was summer, I'd just plan a cook out and the kids could run and play outside. Hard to predict what kind of weather we will be having in January.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

We've done 2 parties at Adventure Landing and had great turnout. Smithfield Aquatic Center might be fun, and if you do the last party of the day you end up with the pool all to yourself. Go Play Outside might be another option. I think they have snow making machines now, and the camping and several other areas are covered. Monster Batting Cages is fun and completely indoors. You can also do birthday parties at any of the museums downtown. My 10 year old still loves the Science Museum, and it has free parking.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I had a couple of parties at Rainbow Lanes in Clayton. And the Skating Rink is popular too. Very affordable.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We did a few at the bowling alley when my kids were around that age.

Also, along with Adventure Landing, I've heard that Frankie's is a lot of fun.

5. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

We just booked ours at Go Play Outside Now. We are doing a joint party for my 8 and 11 year olds. I was worried about the cold but she has 2 heated cabins and she keeps the giant fire pit going. It is $15 per kid but she does not charge for parents to stay and play. Laser tag, basketball, jungle gym, ping pong, giant slides and much more. You can bring whatever food or drinks you want so you don't have to pay overinflated food prices. I think it will be a great party--We are booked for Jan. 27th and I will provide feedback after our event.

6. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

We LOVE Frankie's, but it can get really expensive for a birthday party. And if you do Rainbow Lanes, be careful about time and the number of kids. Every party we've been to there had at or close to the maximum number of kids per lane and the kids didn't have enough time to bowl a full game in the time provided, which is frustrating at that age because they want a winner. You could also do a movie party. Howell Theater in Smithfield ends up being about the same price as the Regal at White Oak, but you get more. Although the cheapest way is to not do a party package and just buy tickets and food a la carte.

7. nomad

nomad Member

We have not done a party there, but had an absolute blast when we went. The laser tag was a lot of fun, if you like that sort of thing.

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Moses and Methuselah? :) Old Fart

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Believe it or not we didn't even have to use pin boys, we had those modern pin picker upper whatchamacallits.

10. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I promised an update after out party at Go Play Outside Now

It was fabulous. We had it scheduled for Sunday but decided it was too wet so we had it today instead--no problem at all with the reschedule. The party was great. There is something for every kid to do. The staff was very helpful and kept the laser tag going. Kids from 5 to 13 all had a great time. I would highly reccomend this place. If you are having a winter party--she has two heated cabins and a hugh campfire to keep everyone warm.

11. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

Howell Theater was a great place for a party - you can select the movie so that it would be appropriate for any age child

12. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Best place ever

Go to "Lets go outside and play now" Ann, the owner, has several acres set up for kids to play outside. The best thing for you is if you've not been there, the first time is free for you and all the kids. Also, she has a few indoor 'cottages' where I bet she would let you have a birthday cake. We go there often, and love it. The # is 919-796-5601. You can also google Go Outside and Play Now Garner NC and find out more info.