Black Friday at the outlet center?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

What kind of deals do the outlet center have for Black Friday? Is there a place to "preview" the sales?

I know its going to be crowded, I can handle the crowds, just wondered how good the deals were. And, what time do they open? Midnight?

2. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Honey, "crowded" doesnt even begin to describe what it is on Black Friday at 1:00 AM. DH and I went a couple of years ago and there was NO parking anywhere, cars were parked on the side of the road all the way to Bob Evans and Outback. Yankee Candle had a huge line out the door on the sidewalk and were letting people in a few at the time. One store closed because of a riot/fight....We left, it was not worth the hassle for me. People were driving in the parking lot like a bunch of maniacs, it was scary...

But good luck to you if you go!

3. ferrickhead28

Wooooooowwwwwww.......I normally hit up Walmart so I kind of know what to expect, lol.

I was mostly wondering about Rue 21 if anyone knows if its an actual Outlet store, or just another store.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Went once about 7 or 8 years ago. NEVER again, never, never, never.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Rue 21 is just another store but they do have some awesome deals.

6. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I use to go but honestly its not worth the time in my opinion. The lines are crazy, parking is a nightmare ( even if you park in the back ) and some of the people that are out there are scary :) I am very surprised that the fire marshall hasnt been called out there bc of the crowding in the actual stores.

7. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Are the deals really worth it?. I have never found any true good deals at an outlet mall store.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I haven't gone in about 25 years and don't plan to start now. :ack::ack:

9. ferrickhead28

So no one has any actual "savings" to report? Like, buy one shirt get one free or anything? I didnt see any ads up, just wondering.

I personally, would hate to work at any of those stores.

10. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I think I have found better deals watching ads and going to regular retail stores for the most part.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just read about an idiot family in Florida that has already started camping out outside the Best Buy, and the moronic managers that gave them permission.

12. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

IMHO, Belks has the best black Friday deals to be had. I usually go Crabtree in the early hours (o'dark thirty) and catch the early deals b-4 7:00 AM. I have gotten some KILLER deals on mens clothing and sheet sets (for the 300+ thread count!) but you have to go when they open to get the very best deals. Crabtree doesnt get bad till around 9:00 but by then, I have my shopping done and ready to go anyways.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Tommy Hilfiger had the riot a year or two ago, customers line up after they have their turkey practically! Most stores only let so many customers in at a time, then its pretty much, 3 out, 3 more can go in. The Coach store will be a line down around the parking lot probably....

Here is a link to what has been published on their website....

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/special-sales-events/special-sales/carolina.asp

and a link that shows the holiday hours

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/sales.asp?id=48

I don't think I've ever seen any deals down there worth parking a mile away for, waiting in line for hours to get, or risking life and limb for.... but thats just my 2 cents.

Good Luck!!

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

besides we KNOW I can get better deals at the Coach store.....provided I'm by myself.

:jester: