Bob Etheridge has a bad day!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Jun 14, 2010.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

2. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

i don't think he has anything to applogize for- :popcorn:

3. Is that crack in that bucket?

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Psshhttt.

Oh yes he does.

He needs to be voted off the NC island ASAP!!!!

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I agree.

It's the ones that voted for him that should apologize. :mrgreen:

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

3 signs now on each side of US 70 between Bojangles and Wal-Mart in Clayton:
    Who
    Are
    You

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Yes, he reacted badly. Ask yourself how you'd react if someone got into your personal space. Yes, he is a public figure and ostensibly representing us. It seems that if it were as innocent on the surface as it's being made out to be, that there would have been just the one camera. Adding the second to me suggests a preplanned ambush.

And to me, the greater thing that is apparent is the loss of civility in society.

Yes, Bob reacted badly. He's apologized. Let's move on.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I agree. Its up to the voters to decide and it should be on his record and whether that he still represents appropriately those in his district. Its not something he should necessarily lose his job for. One thing that bothers me is some suggesting that he was intoxicated when really no substantial evidence points to that.

Public figures put themselves in a higher profile than regular citizens. This includes celebrities as well as political figures. The camera's eye is always watching for a slip up to trounce upon. Etheridge lost his cool and if someone did that to me, it would likely rub me the wrong way. However, no one would normally be trying to stick a camera in my face on a public sidewalk for whatever reason. I'm not saying they deserve what they get, but this sort of incident is always likely to happen to those that the media's attention is on.

If these guys were stalking him or harrassing him as he walked the sidewalk, I could understand his actions. But Etheridge stopped and rather continue walking, he confronted them verbally over and over and then physically. It was a mistake anyone could make, but whether a deliberate political ambush or couple of legitimate college students, he chose to react poorly.