boil water order?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Anyone hear of a boil water order issued due to flooding of the sewer(s) out in Smithfleid?

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Auxie likes this.
  4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

5. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

All of JoCo is under a boil water order since noon today (10/9). Smithfield was since last night. They issued an order for the "West" system (Clayton, 40/42, McGees) at noon today.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The boil order we received (in the West system) said to boil if you had experienced a decrease in water pressure or total outage which had been restored. With that said, I don't think we'll take any chances.

7. certdude

Update is suppose to be released this afternoon about this. Ill try to post it when I see it.

A large part of West system in SE JoCo (McGees area) had low pressure Saturday. Ive heard most everywhere south of Benson (Meadow area) does not have service at all right now.

Per emergency management, as of yesterday evening, I dont know if they still do today:

The following Johnston County Fire Departments now have bottled water available to residents. Water is limited to 1 case per family.

Archer Lodge
    Bentonville
    Bethany
    Blackmon's Crossroads
    Brogden
    Clayton
    Corinth-Holders
    Elevation
    Four Oaks
    Kenly
    Micro
    Pine Level
    Princeton
    Selma
    Smithfield
    Strickland's Crossroads
    Thanksgiving
    West Johnston
    Wilson's Mill

8. certdude

As of 830pm 10/10 all of Johnston Co is still under a boil water notice. https://twitter.com/jocoemerserv

Personal assumption: they found something. Imma try to call in tomorrow morning and get more details but this doesnt look good. Most of JoCo Water West McGees area had low pressure Saturday afternoon.

If you dont have power, theres many grocery stores open with water and also many of the JoCo Fire departments are handing out water right now. I know of several other efforts going on for water handouts. Best to also watch the twitter link above as its got every bit of official information for all of JoCo right now.

9. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Anyone hear of an up-date yet? Can we go back to drinking and using our water without boiling it first?

10. certdude

Probably sometime today. They said yesterday (see my last post, twitter link) most breaks are fixed, takes 24 hrs to test. So if tests come back clean, probably limit/cancel the order.

11. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

As of October12, 5:15 PM, the Johnston County Department of Utilities lifted the boil water advisory for Johnston County with the exception of the following areas: Mulberry Road, Parkertown Road, Adams Road, 678-1723 Five Points Road, Shadowwood Road, Three Sisters Drive, 640-1535 Castleberry Road, Riverbend Drive and Point Lane.
    Contact County Department or Utilities at (919) 989-5075 for questions or additional information.

Rockyv58 and certdude like this.
  12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I heard a 'bull water' announcement. And a lifting of the 'bull water' announcement. Not sure about you folks,but I would think extracting water from a bull would either anger him or make him a friend for life. Definitely not going to use 'bull water' for my coffee.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

With 51,000,000+ gallons of untreated waste water released into the area the bull water may be the safer route if you do not have bottled water. ;)

14. certdude

New Boil order issued effective 12noon 10/14 for JoCo West system. A break was discovered this morning in McGees (50/210) area, repairs going on now. Expected to last for 24 hrs after repairs for testing.

15. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Does the area near Cleveland High School fall under this new boil order?

how do y'all keep hearing about these boil orders? I have not seen anything on TV, nothing on the radio, I received no robo call. If it hadn't been posted here, I would never have known. I had no internet last Sun-Tues, so I didn't know about the first one until after the fact. I never lost power or water during or after the storm, so maybe it didn't affect me???

16. certdude

This order was lifted yesterday (Saturday) about 3pm. They wrote it for all of West system, so I think yes it would have covered Cleveland High.

17. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Oops then!!! I know I made a pot of coffee and filled my big Tervis cup from the faucet Saturday morning. Not sick so far :).