Boost vs Verizon

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Can anyone share experiences with the signal availability for Boost vs. Verizon? I have found Verizon to have exceptional coverage in just about every area I've traveled. Boost offers a better rate for a lot more features so I'm considering a switch.

2. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

boost is a sprint/nextel spinoff on the same network. If you haven't got good coverage with sprint then you wont with boost.

3. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Verizon Lady at 42 told me that Straight Talk runs off their towers.... I'm going to them.. $45 a month

4. I had Verizon for many years. I found that they had great signal service and very good customer service. Of course they do drop signal in the usual areas, i.e. Barber Mills Rd and the Smithfield side of 1010. I switched to Sprint because they have much better rates than Verizon. The coverage is pretty much the same. Surprisingly I found a Sprint dead spot on 440 just east of the Capital Blvd exit. It only lasts for a few seconds but c'mon, in Raleigh? Actually I find it kind of amusing, but that's just me.

Hope this helps.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have had sprint for a long time and I'm so done. I would have left before but I would need a new phone and the only way you can get one at a reasonable price is to go under contract again and do the upgrade. Well, during this contract period, I have dropped 2 Blackberries in water and killed another phone. I'm using one that a friend is letting me borrow until my contract is up in August. I average about 5-6 dropped calls a day. Verizon, here I come!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

When I had sprint most of the time I could not get signal at my house. I had to be about two miles away by the JCC extension before I got signal. I have verison and I get 5 bars at my house where as sprint I may have 0-1 bar. And I am two blocks from the new high school on Polenta.