Brakes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for reasonable places to get brakes done. Brakes have hit the sound tab.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't have anyone to recommend, but replacing disc Brakes is one of those things that costs a lot more to have done than to do them yourself. I used to take them to a shop until I found out how easy it is to do.

If you have basic tools and any mechanical ability at all you can do it yourself. Youtube is your friend. You can find tutorials for just about any car.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Brians Auto Repair. He just did some brakes for us on a Caliber. Very reasonable.

4. Rockyv58

My vehicle has front Disk rear Drums

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's fairly normal for the fronts to wear out before the rear. Drum aren't very difficult either. Which ones are making noise?

6. Rockyv58

Sounds like front right

7. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Agreed! He replaced the brakes on our F-250, and worked on our Toyota as well. He is thorough, fair in prices - does great work! :cheers:

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Yeah, depending on the type of car and quality of pads you can easily save $100 doing it yourself. Shouldn't take more than an hour, even for a novice.
    Do yourself a favor and do a youtube search for a front brake job on your car type.

If you decide to take it to a shop, Brian's seems to get good reviews every time someone asks about car repair on here

9. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

How true. And it's extremely pronounced with my light, mid-size pickup with 240K. I have never changed the rear drum pads, yet have changed the front probably 4 or 5 times.

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Murray's tires off South Saunders. Excellent service, great value!
    You can even buy your pads, etc from advance auto and take them with you for them to put on. Saves serious coin.

11. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Another vote for Brian's Auto.