break in on Indian Camp Rd

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cube_zombie, Sep 27, 2013.

1. cube_zombie

cube_zombie Member

just an fyi: my house on Indian Camp Rd (about a mile from the new high school) was cleaned out within the last 24-36 hours..I was out of town and the backdoor was pried open..the bitchass thieves took electronics, money, firearms, my lawn tractor, tools and probably a bunch of other things I haven't noticed yet.

I found some tire tracks in the front yard...I've put a call in to the detective assigned to the case so I guess i'm just in a holding pattern now :confused:

anyway, just wanted to let folks know..

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I hope they catch the little B#$!@^($ and you can get your possessions back.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. You will be in my thoughts.

Sherry

4. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

That's horrible. Glad you weren't home.

If it was me, I know I would be on knots.

5. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this.....hope they catch the bas-My Friend!!!!:x

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I hope its not the begining of a crime spree in the area cause I live off of Indian Camp.

I am so sorry for your lose. I hope insurance will cover it.

7. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

Thanks for spreading the word. Good luck and I hope they catch em.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It seems like this is happening more and more. Does anyone know what's the answer to keep these ****** bags away when we're away from our homes? Security Systems? Lights On? Etc?

9. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

1. Buy a pair of size 14-16 work boots.

2. Put them on front porch with a copy of Guns & Ammo.

3. Put some giant dog dishes next to boots & magazines.

4. Leave note on your door: "Bubba: Me & Bertha went for more ammo & beer. Back soon. Don't mess with the pit bulls; they messed the mailman up bad this morning. I don't think Killer took part; hard to tell from all the blood. I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back. Cooter

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

lol :cheers:

12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Obviously having dogs helps, I've got 3 large ones including a german shepherd that loves to "guard" the house with his barks. I also believe in leaving lights on at night outside, with CFLs/LEDs you can do this pretty cheap nowadays. A camera surveillance system with a DVR also helps, personally I have no less then 8 cameras on the outside of my house, and the DVR has a battery backup that can last quite a while if they cut the power. Also make sure you keep your windows and doors locked when you are not home, especially on the first floor. Don't leave any valuables in plain sight from your first floor windows as well, this just invites them in.