Bridal Shower Menu Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Looking for some fun, easy, budget-friendly ideas.....

I am hosting my sisters bridal shower in July and dont know what to serve. I'm not arriving in town until the night before, so I'll only have a few hours in the morning to make the food. The shower is at a park, outside without electricity so crock pot ideas are out. I also dont want things that need to stay cold, in case its really hot (its in NY, so hoping its not tooooo hot, but u never know!)

Anyone have any good ideas? TIA

(my ideas so far: turkey wraps, veggies/dip, fruit salad)

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Philo cups with Brie cheese and raspberry preserves.

Just get the pre made philo cups that are in the frozen section put a small piece of brie cheese and a dollop of preserves. Bake for 5 minutes according to the philo cup package. Easy, delicious, and looks fancy!

Veggie pizza - crescent rolls rolled out on baking, powder ranch mix with cream cheese, variety of veggies. Always a hit. Let me know if you want the full recipe.

Sausage balls, mini pigs in blanket, chicken salad cups

It might help to look at the hors d'oeuvres on a caterers webpage for ideas.

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

OK. I love Paula Dean!! I will keep my man card for this!

She made some irish stuffed potatoes oneday that simply looked awesome! I love me some paula dean!

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I am planning a bridal shower too the summer. My friend and I just went to Sam's Club (BJ's would be ok too) and picked out some appetizer-type foods that wouldn't necessarily have to stay too hot or too cold. Our shower will be in inside, but we still didn't want to worry about keeping things a certain temp. Check out one of the warehouse stores and see what they have. That way you can buy more and it will cost you less. Some of things you mentioned are perfect though... fruit, deli spirals, vegatables/dip are good for outside. Chicken salad would be ok if it's not too hot.

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Quiche and a nice salad.

6. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I just did a luncheon shower for my daughter a few weeks ago. kept it simple. cold cut platter, chicken salad, rolls and croissants. pasta salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, spinach and cheese rolls with a recipe that i found on the puff pastry package, they can be served room temp and were great. i also ordered a fruit platter from Lowes along with their grape chicken salad and cold cut platter. just bring some larger platters or dishes to spread ice on and sit the bowls on top. we also did sweet and sour meatballs in the crock pot. I'm sure if they were good and hot you could just put the cover on and transport it to the park for serving.

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I made something pretty yummy last night that would be cute for a shower. It was meant to be mini versions of the fruit pizza I have had in the past. The problem with the big pizza is it gets soggy! So, I made break and bake sugar cookies as the crust. I added some sugar and sliced almonds to whipped cream cheese and put a thin layer on each cookie. I topped each "pizza" with a couple of slices of strawberries, 3 blueberries, and a slice of kiwi. It was yum!

9. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I love stuff like this! It looks interesting, unique, and pretty but is super easy! This would be lovely at a shower. It beats the traditional and expected fruit and dip tray any day.