Building decks/sheds

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MWB, Feb 13, 2011.

1. MWB

MWB Member

Does anyone know a good contractor for building a larger deck and shed on a budget?

2. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

3. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Unfortunately "Good contractor" and "on a budget" don't always go hand in hand.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We bought a shed from a guy off Amelia Church road...can't remember the name. It is well built and he would probably build you a deck too. If I think of the name, I'll come back! Seems like Wade's Sheds sounds familiar?

There have also been other threads on this if you do a search. Seems like there were several folks recommended on that one. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  5. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

PM sent...

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I would like someone to finish my privacy fence, this has been on going now for almost 6 years. All that is left to do is the gates, and I have the wood or should have enough to finish it. Neighbor was going to finish it for Christmas and that fell through.
    Any idea's?

Very very tight budget, hence the reason it hasn't been finished. Owner of house left it this way and I will not get my money back if I finish it, just like it done for my dogs, they would love to have the back yard to run in.

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Shane Tieman of Tieman Contracting has 17 years experience and specializes in both new construction and remodeling. From plumbing to framing, deck additions to kitchen and bath makeovers and all things in between, call Shane at 919-902-0539. His work is amazing and his price will not be beat!

8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Highly Unrecommend HOLY HANDYMAN ...

Does not stand behind his web site as far as customer satisfaction.

He did a deck for me ... didn't latch it to the house in any fashion.

Will Never use him again nor recommend him to anyone.

Just from my personal experience... if you want more info OR would like to see for yourself his type of work, PM me.

And yes... he was made aware of how dissatisfied I was and nothing came of it.

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

What is the size of the deck and shed size? Deck canterlevered?

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

This sounds like Wade Tart.... probably in the book.

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I bought a storage building from Wade's Storage Buildings on Amelia Church Road. He builds high quality sheds for a reasonable price. I had him match the vinyl siding to my house as well as install upgraded hardware/window. He delivered it, leveled it and everything. His whole family is great, I was fortunate to meet his two sons that help him as well; both of whom are very nice. I would recommend him to anyone!

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I agree. He and his family are "old school" Clayton. Great folks!

13. MWB

MWB Member

Well, I'd like for it to be bigger if possible, its just a standard size when contractors build houses, I guess.