Bulk play sand??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Is there a place you can order bulk play sand. We need quite a bit that's why I'm asking. Anyone sell it buy the yard? And NOT for a small fortune. Thanks in advance. Oh, and if so, how much is sand running nowadays? I watch two tots during the day now and would love the big sandbox we have filled back up. This is not your normal sized sandbox. DH built it--LOL. Lots of sand needed.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

We've bought play sand before at Triangle Landscape Supply ... the place that use to be on the corner of Cornwalais and 42 ... now is further down the road. I'm not sure if we got a yard or 1/2 a yard but recall it being around $30.

3. Abdulina

Thanks so much! That is way better than I thought it'd be. Though my kids have outgrown sand, the kids I watch during the week love it. That and one of the new ones we're bringing home is in the sand loving stage. Perfect weekend I think to go get some. Thanks for the info.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Cats are going to love you! :twisted:

5. Abdulina

Not funny. I'm shocked we haven't had a cat problem. However, there are some new cats I noticed so we'll see. This is a sandbox you can not cover. Only drawback. Any tips on keeping cats out, let me know.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This is the best tip I can offer, besides a tarp with some rocks to hold it down, you can make a cover for it, or call animal control if it becomes a problem. Nothing like bringing small children out to play in the sand and finding treasure in it. Esp nasty feral cat treasure. Keep hand sanitizer near by if you are not going directly inside to wash hands afterward. Some pet owners are so inconsiderate.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We bought ours from Triangle too.

Re: cats....

Ours is also not one that can be covered. Best advice I can offer you, is that I taught Little Bit, as early as age 2 what cat poop looks like, and anytime she saw it, she would stop playing and come get me.

But honestly, we haven't really had a problem with it....

8. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Just curious if the Triangle Landscape Supply worked out and if so was it very expensive?

Thanks.