Buying a Original mattress factory mattress

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by softballmom, Feb 23, 2011.

1. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

We have decided to buy a new mattress, and have decided on Original Mattress Factory. My question is this: What kind if success have others had haggling with them over prices? I appreciate any input!

2. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

In my experience with them, none. The whole point of The Original Mattress Factory is they are "factory direct" and eliminate the middle man to already offer the lowest price possible. We found their quality to price to be above that of other mattress retailers and that was enough for me. We've had a euro-plush pillow top or whatever they call it now for about 6 years and it has been worth every penny we paid. Just the fact that you can still flip and rotate their mattresses on both sides make it worth it in my opinion. We also received a hand-written thank you note for our business from the manager when we bought our mattress there. Speaks volumes this day in age.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I bought one from them over 8 years ago and it's still in great shape; a quality mattress. No haggling, ...they sell a great product. I'd buy another one there.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

They will not haggle on prices as there is no middle man. GREAT product. Ours is almost 6 years old & fantastic. I had major back issues & they went away once we got the mattress. We have a king size w/ a pillow top. We splurged & bought there sheets. They lasted 5 years & we just bought some more. They were a great company to deal w/. We had an issue the first week & they came took the mattress, gave us a new one that same day. I still think our dog caused the issue but who knows. Good luck.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

6. softballmom

Thanks for the input. This is what I assumed because of the prices, so didn't want to bother trying if there was no need.
    Is there anyone who bought one who was not happy with it? And if so, which one did you buy? We are planning on making our purchase on Saturday, and appreciate any feed back.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Do yourself and your back a favor and buy a sleep number bed!!! They are the greatest!

8. softballmom

We slept on a sleep number bed in a motel, and were not impressed, lol. We spent the entire night adjusting and trying to get comfortable. I imagine it is better when you get it where you want it. WE have decided on Original Mattress Factory for price, and customer satisfaction.