C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. d15pwer

d15pwer Guest

I KNOW CRITICIZING A CHURCH IS NOT GOOD BUT I WAS IN A SITUATION WITH C3 CHURCH. IT'S CUSTOMARY FOR A CHURCH TO GIVE BACK TO IT'S COMMUNITY, IN MY SITUATION A FULL TIME STUDENT AND A FULL TIME WORKER TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OF MYSELF AND THEY STIFFED ME. I THINK THE CHURCH IS A SCAM I USED TO ATTEND THEIR SERVICES AND RELIZED SOME THINGS. I THINK THE "CHURCH" BENEFITS WAY TO MUCH FROM THE CLEVELAND POPULATION. THE CHURCH HAS EXPANDED WAY TOO MUCH IN THE LAST FEW YEARS. THEY CONVINCE THE TEEN COMMUNITY WAY TO MUCH AND THAT PULLS IN THE PARENTS, AND IN THE "BIBLE BELT" THAT IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE, BECAUSE IT'S A "CHRISTIAN" THING BUT I DON'T THINK THEIR DOING THE "RIGHT" THING I THINK THEIR THINKING TOO MUCH OF THEMSELVES!!!

2. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

They "stiffed" you? That term is typically used to describe someone who was owed something, but did not recieve it.

What is it that you feel you were owed? Why do you feel you were "owed" this something?

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Mags...this "feels" like a whirlpool from which there is no escape. Too much to start with, too much for commentary...
    I resisted, until you posted.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Note to self: Thread to stay away from! 8)

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

LMAO

6. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Your eyes are getting sleepy...you feel the pull...resistance is futile. Come into the light....there is peace and serenity...in the liiiiggghhtt.:mrgreen:

7. justme989

justme989 Guest

The regulars know how I feel about this...NO Comment ! Thanks for the honest post !

8. JCG

JCG Well-Known Member

me, me, me is that what you're saying? How did they stiff you? Did a hungry child get fed rather than then give money to you? What?

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Trainwreck

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

oh, so you have to be starving to get food from C3,,, everyone else is considered NOTHINGS? The kid needed help and if you can't get it from your own Church and the people of the Church then who can you count on?

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

It's amazing how well IGNORE works! Makes the threads look funny too!

12. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Excellent point! I experienced this myself at C3. For months I filled out a prayer request card every week, asking for prayer for my father who was suffering with cancer. Every week for at least 9 months. I never received one phone call of support from the prayer team. Yes - I know it's a gigantic church, and personal attention is difficult. I guess that's what I was missing and left and now go to a smaller church where support is there when you need it and tithes are appreciated and not used to intimidate.

During my LAST visit, a special prayer was performed for business owners - this was when they were raising funds for their new building. Also, have you seen the homes of the leadership team at C3? Amazing!

For those who don't like C3 - just don't go! There are dozens of other churches in our area. For those who go to C3 - fantastic. I'm glad that you found a church home that meets your personal needs. They just didn't meet mine. C3 has touched many and we should respect that. To each their own!

13. JCG

JCG Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear about your father, I hope he is doing much better. I too had cancer, in fact I have to go to Chapel Hill on Monday "you know every 3 mos. for five years. I do agree that churches are getting too big. I say that within 6mos of going to church on a regular basic if the preacher and deacons can not call you by name, the Church is too big. When I had to stay gone from home for mos. Getting treatments every day. My church did not give us any money etc, but we didn’t ask. People can’t read minds. I did however have friends that would pay for the hotel each week, and I will never forget them and their generosity. I don’t know it just seems that small churches do have more love and compassion in them. But I like you think that if one is unhappy in a church then go where they will be happy.

14. ws

ws Well-Known Member

damn c3 and getting a JCSO to stop traffic to let people out. build a damn turn lane and wait your turn!!!

15. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

It doesn't matter where you go to church, as long as you are plugged in somewhere....

Not every church is for everyone. C3 does individually pray over the prayer requests, they do not call each person individually. I do know for a fact that if you reach out to the leadership there, including after each and every service, they will pray for you and with you. Yes it is a large church but it gets small by getting involved in ministry teams and connect groups. I am sorry for your bad experience and glad you have found a a church that meets your needs and hopefully has connected you with Jesus, this is what is important in the scheme of things. I have attended C3 for almost two years now, and I find it hard to believe that they did a "special prayer" for business owners in the context in which you put it. The leadership there is very devoted in bringing people to Jesus and inspiring people to be their best in the context of God's plan and frankly most will say that they do a good job at it.

As far as the comments about their houses, your context in dangerous and you have no idea about what their personal situations previous to being a part of C3. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please try to support comments with something that can be backed up rather than putting a wrongful assumption out there on your part to those that may be looking for a church.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  16. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Jennaandchad - you're absolutely right. I don't have any idea about their lives outside of the church, so I don't know how they're able to afford some of the things they do. My bad.

BUT, I am absolutely telling the truth about the special prayer that was performed that I mentioned. I'm not trying to mislead anyone by what I stated earlier. I was speaking the truth and simply recommend that everyone should go to where they are comfortable. I attended for almost a year and just wasn't comfortable anymore.

Like I said earlier, C3 has done wonderful things for many people, and I applaud that. It's just not for me.

17. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It appears that the school system "stiffed you" also. You have terrible spelling and grammar. You also need to learn that nobody owes you anything.

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Exactly, no one owes him anything,,,,, and I would continue to go to C3,,, and not give a tithe,,,,,,, you don't owe anyone anything...... just go there and pray,, it is FREE.... The Lord said his doors are always open and it is FREE.......See how C3 would survive if no one put a single cent in the offering!

19. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Good advice Robbie...almost as good as your grasp of the proper use of the comma.

20. tawiii

tawiii Guest

:shock::confused::lol::lol: