Cadillac puts on show in China

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CraigSPL, Mar 23, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

hey hey hey I drive a Cadillac. What the deal is!!???!??!??

3. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

China loves Cadillac and Buick.

They're the main reason that GM kept the Buick brand when they were letting go of unprofitable ones, because Buick's overseas numbers are incredible.

Strange folk there... then again, the Buicks they sell there because of this fact are much more impressive:
    [​IMG]regal, available in the US and CN.
    [​IMG]Park Avenue, CN only.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I always loved Caddy's. Favorite is pretty much any of the 1959 caddy's with the double bullets lights and huge fins. I would love to get a 1959 cadillac ambulance and re do it and make it a daily grocery getter. My dad had a chance to get a bi centennial Eldorado. Only 200 were made but he turned it down. Saw one go for over 40k a couple of years ago. And it wasn't even in prime condition. I also liked the cadillac allante convertible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But here is my nostradamus prediction: In the next 10 years GM closes MFG of at least Cadillac and Buick and moves them over to China to be made. Then imports them back to the USA. And in the next 30 years if USA is still a nation, They go and open a mfg plant back in on this continent in the south where they won't have to pay the labor costs, health or insurance. By then we should be the USC, the United States of China. Hopefully I am dead wrong.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

Bicentennial Eldorados are common at Carlisle or Hershey with the plastic still on the seats and 200 miles on the odometer. Someone severely overpaid.

Now, if you're talking about a Seminole Red '59 Eldorado Biarrritz (Biarritz was the convertible, Seville the hardtop) with factory buckets (99 left the factory so equipped), then we're talking!!! Especially if the three dueces on the "Q" engine and air bag suspension haven't been changed.

6. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

How about the lowest mileage 1959 Cadillac on the planet. Factory fresh with 2500 miles!!!

1959cadillac.com