Calligraphy Referrals - Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hotwire, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

My fiancee and I are looking for a referral to someone who does calligraphy or a business who does it. It will be for wedding invitation envelopes. Does anyone have experience with finding someone and how much does it normally cost?

2. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

That is a sweet sentiment though I don't know anyone for hire... just hope the "added touch" will be noticed and appreciated by your guests, no matter what you spend!

Otherwise, save the $ and do them yourself with a calligraphy kit from Michaels/similar store or if too many to tackle yourself, just print from your computer in a font like "Lucida Calligraphy" (directly on the envelope not on labels)...

Keep asking around but either way...Good luck and congrats! :)

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

This was the top thread when I first logged in. Homegirl was the last one to reply. As usual I glanced quickly instead of actually reading it. In my weird mind I thought the title said "CallGirl Referrals - Any Suggestions?".

If anyone has a need in that area I may be of more assistance. :lol:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just got back from Reno this week and the local paper published their annual "Best" list. You know the one, "Best Chineese Resturant", "Best Dentist", "Best Pool Hall", etcetera. This one also included "Best Brothel" and "Best Legal Prostitute".

Maybe you can work up your own "Best" list and share! 8)

5. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I will ask my wife if she recalls the person that did ours. It was 8 yrs ago so I don't know if the person still does it or not, she did it as a side business, ours turned out very nice.

6. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member