Camcorders

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

For Father's Day, I'd really like to get my husband a small camcorder. I can't spend too much (I'd like to stay under $200). Any suggestions? I wondered about the "Flip Video" I saw at Best Buy.

2. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

Love my flip camera! Only drawbacks are that you have to convert the file to .wmv format to use movie maker and that you can run out of video space if you don't keep up with downloading the video. (I did get the entire wedding rehearsal, parts of the rehearsal dinner, the entire wedding and most of the reception for my brother's wedding before running out!)

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DS has a Flip as well, they've had fun with it, attaching it to a remote control car, to a go cart, etc.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

PAWN SHOPS are the best! Not around here though. Fayetteville has really nice pawn shops that are family owned and are not a chain. Most are online and good quality stuff. Usually military stuff. They run out of money and sell nice stuff. Just a thought. I got a really good deal on a Sony HD. Right at 100.00.

5. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

I just recently bought a Sony Handycam and LOVE IT! It is super small but does everything I need for general family use.
    The best part - I paid $198 for it at Wal Mart. Checked on line and the on line price was better than in the store - can order on line and drive over the store to pick up.
    Also, have seen similar prices at Best Buy.
    Good luck!

6. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Thank y'all for the recommendations!