Campgrounds...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Apr 19, 2010.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

So, the fam and I camped at Nutbush at Kerr Lake this weekend. Very nice campground, right on the lake, clean facilities, nice park.

We've decided that we need to be camping every possible weekend that we can while the weather is nice enough to do so. So....

Where do you camp, and why do you like it so much?

We've been to Pirateland in Myrtle Beach, and we like it, but we're looking for something new...

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Jordan Lake. Haven't gotten to go in a while, but we love it.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Support your state parks.

Stone Mtn.
    Hanging Rock
    Morrow Mtn.
    Raven Rock

4. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

I would choose the NC state parks, NC National Parks or NC National Forest that have hot shower facilities. There is a book at the Clayton libraby that you should check out if you like tent camping. "The Best in Tent Camping: The Carolinas". The best camping in NC that I have experienced - Hanging Rock. Camping in SC - Mrytle Beach state park. Camping in Va - Mount Rogers State park.

5. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Haven't been camping in years, but growing up we went to Myrtle Beach Travel Park and Currituck Shores.

6. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

PirateLand, Ocean Lakes, Lakewood - all at Myrtle Beach
    Yogi Bear's Jellystone at Tabor City - Lots of activities for the kids, fishing in stocked and labeled ponds, pool, waterslide, water wars, etc. Spacious, quiet campground

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well you know i am gonna say Carolina Beach :cheers: But if you want a little longer road trip - up at VA Beach they have an awesome camp ground on the beach but still has secluded wooded lots, great bathroom, shower, etc facilities, playground, etc. It has been awhile but we loved camping there when the kids were younger, so much to do - i believe it was called Seashore, it is a State Park & actually only about 15 minutes to the main strip at VA Beach.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Jordan Lake.
    Got plans to go soon!!! :hurray:

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Jennifer, what do you camp in? Tent or camper? For Myrtle Beach, we love Lakewood Campground. For the NC coast we like White Oak Shores- on hwy 58 about 8 miles from the bridge to Emerald Isle. We've been to the New Bern KOA and like it too.