can i borrow.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Nov 5, 2012.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Thought maybe this would be a good thread to keep running. Kinda like looking for, but this is strictly to borrow stuff.

I'd like to borrow a ladder stand or something of the sorts to carry with me to hunt off and on this season. Need to get some meat in the freezer with both of us out of work.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

A regular cadillac climber would be better for you to carry in and out of the woods. JMHO of course. I've gotten several for DH off CL over the years. We don't pay more than $100 for them and he spruces them up with camo paint and side bags (he makes himself) to keep a knife, trash bag, latex gloves in etc.. I've seen FREE climbers on CL also!

Good Luck this year.

3. sirputz

thanks harley. i've been looking daily.

also looking to borrow a roller for the lawn.

and again, both out of work and my unemployment isnt approved yet. went to DSS today to get wic and food stamps. could be 2 weeks before we hear anything.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Would like to borrow a copper pot, a still column, a condenser and a collection vessel. Will clean before returning.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i'm guessing it will be sterilized with fire and alcohol...

this thread is a cool idea, btw

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

seller
    willow spring, nc
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    older type stand butt works great , nice and big for bigger guys light weight asking 50 obo must sell

^^ from the classifieds ^^
    climber, and if he "must sell" it he might take $35-$40 for it.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

8. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Whats a "stand butt"?

jlc007 likes this.
  9. sirputz

found a stand, still looking for a lawn roller to knock all these mole hills down

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one of the hard plastic wagons a friend can borrow? I think it is LIttle Tykes...kind of "fat" in the middle? She has a dog that needs assistance w/ mobility temporarily. Thanks so much!! :grouphug:

11. sirputz

We have a Step 2 Wagon, not sure if it'd work for your friend or not.....But welcome to try it! It's under the house and needs a lil cleaning, but works just fine. PM me if ya wanna take a look (or just google Step 2 wagons, it's got two seats that lift up for storage and a door on the side.)

12. sirputz

Lawn Tractor Lift

Looking to do some repair work on my lawn tractor, but I don't have a lift. (ATV/Motorcycle style) I have a jack and that works, but I can't get it high enough to block it up.

Anyone have one I can borrow on a sunny day to get this stuff worked on?

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anyone had a suit that my son could borrow. He and his wife are going to a 2nd Chance Prom next weekend and he does not have a suit to wear. He has a waist of 29/30 and would need length abut 31. He is tall and slim. Hate to see him buy one that he may not wear again. Thanks

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Have you thought about renting? Carolina Bridal out at the Smithfield outlets has a special tux price for $59 (I think) plus $17 if your son would prefer a vest/tie instead of the standard. If that doesn't sound good, have you thought about good will for a jacket? Walmart sells nice suit pants cheap. Just some thoughts if you can't find a suit to borrow.

15. ForeverFaithful

Thanks....I know he doesn't want a tux, plus we won't go to the Bridal place in smithfield due to a few things that happened when the kids were in school, (rudeness and trying to charge us more then what we were initially charged). I will see if I can get them to goodwill for a jacket, if they can't find a suit. He has a hard time finding pants that fit him because of his size, skinny and no butt. LOL

16. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

My kids are the same size (29x31), so I know it is hard to find pants!! I hope we don't have issues with the bridal store!! The fitting went really well, in and out in about 30 minutes and he had no idea what he wanted when we went in. I paid for the tux up front in full, so maybe we will be okay! I just hope his jacket fits. Tall and skinny is tough for guys!! Good luck finding a suit!

17. sirputz

Lemme check my suit size....I have 2 of them. I'll PM you if it will fit or be close

Just looked, one is too big I know for certain, the other is a lil older, and tags were missing, Jacket has 44T in it, so it's 44 tall....Dunno bout the pants, but they don't fit me anymore. You're welcome to come by and have a look.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  18. ForeverFaithful

Hopefully things will go well for you. When my son was a Sr, he wore a Zoot Suit and we had to buy the hat. On our ticket we agreed on one price and when we went to go pick it up, they tried to charge us more saying the price on the ticket was wrong, etc....I got into it with the owner about this and told her she was the one that agreed to the price of the hat and that is what we were going to pay, not a penny more and the fact that it was in writing, they had to honor that price. She did not like it and said something, but we got the hat at that price. When we went in for my daughter's senior Jr prom, we waited forever to get someone to help us and when we finally did, we were told we had to hurry up because they were closing in 15 mins. I think she tried on a couple of dresses and when we asked for some help, we were told we would have to come back another day. Needless to say we never went back and went to David's Bridal and found a beautiful dress for a $100 less then what we would have had to paid for the dress she found in Smithfield and she liked the one we got better. So glad my kids are out of school now. LOL

19. ForeverFaithful

Thank you.....I will let my son know.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a 30 waist since the 6th grade.

jlc007 likes this.