Car AC

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Symptoms: My ac in my car will blow cold for a bit then it becomes warm. I bought the can to add the ac stuff to it. Turns out the AC is full. The salesman at the Auto Zone says I may need to have the ac system flushed. Also over the past few months the blower motor would occasionally stop blowing. A tap with a hammer would get it working again. I'm thinking it may just be a loose wire on that (though I could be wrong).

A) Has anyone had any similar issues with their AC?
    B) Can anyone suggest any reasonable AC people?

The person who had suggested Betty's muffler shop turned me on to awesome exhaust place.
    I am hoping for the same for the AC.

Thanks

Bob

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I've been having the same problem with my car. I took it to two places and both wanted around $350.00 because they stated they would have to flush it out, add fluid, etc. I think that is high since they didn't even look at the darn thing and just went off of my description of what's going on.

I hate car and teeth problems.

Sherry

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

not that the guy is a mechanic but a salesman, the guy at Auto zone said it "should" cost around 100.00

Hopefully Sherry someone on the board knows a good ac mechanic that could help both of us.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I used Car Fix over by 40/42 to repair the A/C on my truck. They did a great job with a warranty.

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I've know a mobile mechanic ASE certified who will come to you. Prices can;t be beat, excellent work. Saved us hundreds on the a/c issue for the Saturn.
    Call Garry at 910-280-1395.