Car Dealer Suggestions - Daughter needs to finance a car

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Aug 31, 2010.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

My daughter needs to buy a car. The engine is blown in hers. She has a part time job but will be able to make a reasonable car payment. Do any of you have any recommendations for a dealer - - that will not rip her off - - that is willing to work with giving credit to a 19 yr old with a part time job and no credit? She’s never had any credit cards or anything like that. She tried the Credit Union but they don’t want to work with someone working part time. She has been employed with the same employer for a year so maybe that will help her some. I doubt I can co-sign for her because my credit is not that great. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Is she is looking for a good used car - I would suggest Matthews Motors in Clayton. Steve Matthews is one of the finest men you will ever have the privilege of dealing with. Good Luck!

3. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Yes,,,,she is looking for a used car. Reliable but used. She needs something soon because she goes to JCC and works. It's really hard trying to share one when everyone works in different directions and times. Thanks for the information!! Will check them out.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Try Don's Auto on Hwy. 50. It's on the right if you are heading towards Benson, just a mile or so past the intersection of 210/50. I've bought 3 cars from him and never had a problem, even with not so great credit.

There is also a small place on Hwy. 50 right beside the light at Hwy. 50 and I think Cleveland Rd.? Can't think of the name of the road just this second, but it's the one that was moved over a bit and now they are putting in a housing development across from it. The name of the place is Higgs Motor Company. I've never done business with them but I see that they offer guaranteed financing and their cars always look nice and clean.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

We went to CarMax and because my daughter was not 21 yet, she needed a co-signer and she only has a part time job also. We co-signed and she got the loan with her name first, so that is giving her great credit now.

6. jbny2076

jbny2076 Well-Known Member

I don't know of any place to recommend off hand sorry. But for financing i recommend checking out Pentagon Federal Credit Union. They offer 2.99% on used cars up to 60 months. Might help lower the payment some if your credit is good.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll musta missed the last line of the original post. 8)

8. jbny2076

jbny2076 Well-Known Member

LOL, i caught it the second time i read it and had to edit my post. Need to get my eyes checked.

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Will be very hard for her to get a loan as a minor without a co-signer. I would try and cosign anyway. You never know.

10. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I can try to co-sign. I might be surprised. We'll see. I guess if all else fails we can buy a motor for her car - - will just longer to accomplish because of ordering it and getting someone to put it in. But is an option if all else fails.

11. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

Parts America can find any car parts you need at a reasonable price!!