car detailing recommendation?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rigmaster, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

My dear sweet bride told me the other day that she would like her car detailed. Can anyone recommend a good place either in the 40/42 or Smithfield/Princeton area? Prefer something reasonably priced, but would like someone who does good work.

Car is a 2002 model, so it's got some wear and tear, but the paint is in pretty good shape, just needs a good wash/wax I think.

Thanks!

2. Rigmaster

Anyone?

I'm going to stop by the place in Downtown Smithfield on Market St (old Gas station) and see what they say- but I'd like to hear from folks with first hand experience.

Magic Tunnel in Smithfield??

Also open to paying an individual to do it if it's something they do on the side, or as a Mobile Detailing business, but would like them to have some references.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its not exactly 40/42 or Smithfield/Princeton... but in Clayton there is a great little place at the corner of Shotwell Rd. & Old Garner Rd. They do a hand wash & wash, detail the inside. I was pleased with the job they did on my Eclipse.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since you didn't get any other feedback.

Good Luck!!

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

In Clayton at the Valero station (across from the shiny diner). They do a great job cheap!! :)

5. Rigmaster

Thanks for the info! I'll check both of them out for sure.

:)

6. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Melynda had posted on here about a guy who comes to your house. She was very pleased with his work. You may want to check an old thread. That reminds me...mine needs a good cleaning too. :)

7. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    He did my car and did a very good job. He came to my job and did it. I have a Sonata and he charged 25.00. If you can't find his name and number Rigmaster let me know I will get the info and send it to you.

8. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Ebony & Ivory Detailing - 351-9330. This business is owned by a couple in my church and they do an excellent job.

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

What about the place on 42 across from CVS?

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Jo Co Car Care down here in 4Oaks
    963-3090

i know it's not CLOSE but if you were gong to drive to the magic tunnel in smithfield, Jo Co Car Care is ONY 4 miles down the road :mrgreen:

11. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Sorry it took so long to get back on but heres his info
    Roderick Agard
    919-333-5049
    Like is said he comes to you and very reasonable. And does a great job

12. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

I was just about to post Rod's information. He's been doing my car(s) for a solid four years now. He's a terrific person and does a perfect job every time for a reasonable price! You should give him a call. His business name is El Shaddai Detailing, but his number is the same one listed here.

13. Meaninglessphoto

Meaninglessphoto Active Member

Definitely do NOT go to there. I've taken my truck there twice and they did a horrible job both times. Water spots everywhere, they barely vacuum the inside, and they can't do the windows at all. Its not worth the 20 bucks + tip. Pay more for better quality.