Car headliner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Resident, May 15, 2012.

1. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Again I'm asking for recommendations...

You guys are always so great to point me in the right direction for local services. I need a headliner repaired in my super-old van. When we bought it, the guy had the headliner stapled up (lol) and now it's falling in other places. It was a cash purchase (to get out of car payments) so I thought we wouldn't get it repaired, but it's really sagging... So, I'm wondering if anyone does this repair on the side or knows of someone really reasonably priced in the area who can put the headliner back on for me.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah- and how much does this run? (Keeping in mind it's a mini-van, not a car, so there's more work involved.)

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Back in the day, I had the headliner replaced in a Mustang. I think the name of the place is Auto Tops & Trims. It is located on Hwy 50 in Garner. It is on the right side of the road kind of across from a school that is set back off the road. They did great work. Now this was QUITE a few years ago 15+), but I am thinking that I paid $100 for the headliner in the car.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Auto T Tops is now located in Raleigh, downtown.

There is a guy named Ricky who does upholstery, lives on 1010 just across from Langdon Point and the Dollar General. He has a sign out front. He just did 2 interior panels for my 66 Mustang and did great work. Said he would do my headliner as well when i am ready for it.

4. Resident

Thanks for the info, both of you!

I'll look for the sign today on the way home... right across from the Dollar General?

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty much. Might be slightly off at an angle and not directly perpendicular from DG, but its no more than a sand wedge away from it.

6. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Go Camo!! A little material from the army surplus and some posterboard and you can do it yourself!

7. Resident

That actually sounds like fun! It would be fitting for the clunker we bought... I don't know how to do it myself, though.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We repaired a headliner once on a Camaro we'd bought to flip using that spray you can get at the autoparts store. Seemed to have worked. All the material was there though, and not ripped, it was just hanging down.

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest