Car lots

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jan 14, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey guys, any recommendations on local car lots that are trustworthy? We are contemplating trading in our 2000 Dodge Ram Extended Bed truck with 80k miles on it for something with a full back seat as so many times others ride with us on camping trips etc and it is tough fitting in the small back seat. Would much rather support a local business if possible but would like to know who to trust first.

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

My dad owns a car lot in Fayetteville. I know that's not local local, but he is very trustworthy. I can't promise he will tell you what you want to hear, but i can promise he will be honest and help you out as much as he can. His number is 910-237-5720 and his company is eagle motor company. His name is Joey. If you contact him, let him know his daughter referred you. Even if you buy something from someone closer to this area, he will let you know if you are getting a fair deal. Hope this helps!

3. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

KC,
    the dealer on the corner of 42 and cornwallace is great! she helped me out with selling my van and didnt charge me un;es it sold and if i didint getwhat i wanted for it then she would have charged me accordingly, she is also a good friend of my neighboe Pastor Hamm. ill get her name is Gale Buckler. good luck with that. keep me posted. btw, is Greys place open to the public or is it a private thing?

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Before I got the car I have now, we had bought one from Shumakers here in Clayton off of 70. We traded in my Oldsmobile and got a pretty fair deal there. Barbara and the rest of them were super. If you go, be sure to let her know that I told you to come there.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My dad has always been very happy the vehicles he buys from Dwight Adams in Clayton and he has always gotten a good deal as well with them.

6. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

ideas

Second Dwight Adams. I would never hone in on one place, rather identify the car you are looking for and give yourself several places to choose from, one place will be need to sell it more than the other! Before trading in your vehicle, I would recommend getting a price from car max on the trade in. Ultimately, your best bet is to sell the car privately, you'll net at least another 1,200 to 1,500 on the price that way.