Catering Ideas?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gardnerjanelle, Jul 24, 2011.

1. gardnerjanelle

gardnerjanelle Well-Known Member

Sister is getting married at River Ridge Golf course next May. She is on a pretty tight budget and is looking for catering ideas. It is an evening wedding. Would like buffet style with servers. Prefers something like Smithfields or White Swan....but need someone to serve, refill chafing dishes, clear tables.

Any ideas? 150 people and was hoping for no more than $10 per head. Is it possible?

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Have you talked to:
    Meadow Village Restaurant
    7400 Nc Highway 50 S
    (919) 894-5430

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

A friend had an anniversary party last year for her parents; I believed she used McCall's and they gave her a really good price.

4. gardnerjanelle

gardnerjanelle Well-Known Member

Have a call out to McCall's....but didn't know about the Meadow Village...will check on it too.

Thanks!

5. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Meadow village is going to be higher than 10 per person. Heart to heart catering is a local catering company that will work with your budget and have always been the best priced when I used them. They are friends of my family, and I have personally used them twice. Once for wedding and once for a reunion. I even called two other local caterers to compare and no one was cheaper. They do a great job and make great food. Check out their website at http://heart2heartcatering.com. I am sure you can get a great meal at $10 a person. They are two older ladies that have no idea how much their services are worth. We have told them over and over again that they could raise their prices and still be competitive, but they refuse raise them. Good luck with your search and the wedding!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Now I'm extremely hungry from looking at the website.

Sherry