Cell Phone Repair, anyone?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Aug 5, 2014.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get a cell phone repaired? The tip of the plug from a pair of ear buds broke off in the phone and it thinks it's still plugged in, so no sound. I've tried the qtip trick and the ink pen and super glue trick. I can't get it out. Can anyone help?

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

have you tried to take the back cover off and push the tip from the inside? once it gets past the "barbs" it should shake out...

and I'm sure the Geek squad might be able to help for a price. If you find the guy at White Oak Best Buy who looks like Troy Polomalu, he's pretty helpful. Or check with whatever store brand it is... Sprint, AT&T, Verizon
    call first and ask if they could do it for you for free

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

That would be my suggestion as well...take it to a store of whatever phone company you have and they know so many little tricks that make it seems so simple! Usually there is no cost for something quick and easy! Good Luck to you! :cheers:

4. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

If it's not fixed yet ..... try a Neodymium magnet to draw it out and a sewing needle to hold the spring steel contact back. If you've been playing with it to get it out you may have already driven it too deep and past the bend in the contact for that fix.

Pushing it back out from the inside probably won't work. Most of those plugs are closed backed plastic case plugs so you can't drive the earplug jack thru to the open contacts on the board. In this case that's a good thing.

Wost case, open it up, heat a nail, and push it thru the back of the closed plastic plug to push it out.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You're the MAN!!

Sherry

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

yeah... it's a walmart straight talk phone. Doubt they would know what to do. ddrdan it's in there pretty good.