Cell phone service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lovetweetie, Sep 24, 2010.

1. lovetweetie

lovetweetie Active Member

We currently have Verizon but the service is horrible at our house. We live 2 miles from 210 and 40. We are looking to change carriers to get better service. Which provider do you have and how is the service?

2. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I have at&t and I have been with them for 10 years now. I am very happy with their service. They have gone above and beyond

3. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

We live off Massengill Pond and AT&T was horrible here and all around 210/40. We switched to them in Feb 10 and just switched to verizon. It has been much better. Sprint was mediocre out here.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have Verizon and haven't had any problems

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i live off Cleveland School Rd & work near 42/50 and i have Sprint and have not had any problem with service in either location - been with them for 10 years and have seen no reason to change.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Is your phone older? Your battery not as strong?

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

This has never been discussed before.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

smartie:lol::lol::lol:

9. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

when you are at home try doing a *228 and redo your roaming area, you should really try to do this once a month or so...

I have verizon and go to that area often and have no problems

10. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

Cell phone problems...Please Read

I did have issues with my cell phone it was with Verizion. But here is where it does gets better for anyone else with problems with reception in their area. A lot of our new phones we have purchased with in the last 6 months to a year have old software on them. I found this to be true on 4 new phones from refurbished defective phones to new phones that should be just great being new out of box. It will take you to call or go to the Verizion phone store up on 401 or calling customer service to verify this. I would make a trip to Verizion Store at Walmart on 401. But not at 42 because customer service for me and a few others have been terrible at this location They are not someone I would do buisness with them ever. I am speaking from the manager screaming at my husband to refusal to fixing a bad phone. Not good. But the store on 401 is a diagnostic problem store and can fix your phone or order a new one for you and have it over nighted to you. Do not give up on your phone yet. I am pleased to say my husband goes to very remote areas around the U.S and we really have great reception with Verizion. But if you talk to customer service request a manager immediatly because the customer service person will have to get permission to handle or descisions that you both agree on with them before you go further in fixing of the problems. Sorry for such a lengthy response. Good luck let us know how it turns out. :)

11. lovetweetie

lovetweetie Active Member

Thanks for the responses. I called Verizon and they were not much help. They mentioned something about some type of equipment that I can put in my home that is like a mini tower to help me get better reception here. I did try the update with the *228 but it didn't help. I am wondering if putting the phone in an area in my home where it does get reception and using a bluetooth will help.....

12. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I had a Motorolla and had no problems with reception. When my 'new every 2' came up I got a Samsung. Haven't been able to use my phone in the house since! Three of our other phones are Samsungs (different model than mine), and another is a Motorolla, and all work just fine. I brought mine into Verizon and they ordered me another one and that doesn't work either, so I'm thinking it's the model.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Might be a Death Grip on the phone?

Wait, thats only iPhones! :jester:

14. meanreen

meanreen Well-Known Member

what model do you have?

15. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have had sprint for 6 years now and I have never had any problem around my house and I'm in he 210/40 area, the only area I have problems is at my mom's house, and she is in willow springs, I can text and get online over there, but I can't talk..weird.
    Sheri