Char-Grill in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jillywilly, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

I heard that a Char-Grill is going in behind the RBC Centura on Amelia Church Rd. Anyone else hear about that? It would be great!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

RBC Centura on Shotwell Rd? There is no RBC on Amelia Church Rd.

:?

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Next to La-Cocina or however you spell it.

4. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

Sorry - I meant Shotwell Rd. There's a strip mall going up behind it (across from CVS) and there's a stand alone bldg that I heard would be a Char grill

5. Grinder

The place they are looking at right now is over in the vacant dirt lot by La-Cocina.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Either way I'd be set for lunches.....Love me some Char-Grill.

Craig

7. Grinder

Hughdamnright.

At least 3 times a week.

8. Is it the building they are putting up right now at the very back of the site?

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No, Grinder said they are looking at the dirt lot over on the other side of the shopping center, near Bank of America and LaCocina. Its kind of between that end of the shopping center and the car wash.

10. ooops right shopping plaza wrong side..........my bad

11. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Yummmmy!

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would like to think I am right more than 3 times per week! :x

13. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

What is Char Grill? is this something local?

14. Grinder

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Red Lobster come our way.

Sherry

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've only ever been to one of those that was worth a flip and it was in Roanoke, VA of all places. That one is consistently excellent, I eat there every chance I get. The ones around here are pitiful, especially considering how close they are to the coast. :?

17. Sherry A.

I agree, we have eaten at some bad ones at well. We're just ready for something more...like a Red Lobster or something.

Sherry

18. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

You think that a Red Lobster / Olive Garden / Carabba's / Macaronni Grill would have come to White Oak by now.

19. Sherry A.

Yep, we thought one or more would have come by now, but no! I just don't get it. I think the area near the movies at White Oak would be a great place to have different restaurants. P.F. Chang's, Red Lobster, Macaroni Grill, etc. Tired of burgers.

Sherry

20. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I agree...what would be great, too, is if some kind of grocery store would be built at White Oak. It would sure be convenient when one has to be there to catch the bus all the time. Speaking of buses, maybe this poor excuse of bus transportation stationed in Raleigh should think about expanding bus service to include those of us down here in the 40/42 area. The whole point behind a successful transportation service is CONVENIENCE. There are some people who depend on public transportation. Who's with me? :?: