Check your prices when shopping

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jjganny, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Last night I was in Walmart in Smithfield, NC. They had posted price for sweet potatoes for .25 per lb. I checked out & as I walked away I thought "that is somewhat higher than I had thought." Checked the price on sweet potatoes & saw .88 per lb. I only got a few lb. but that was a big difference. Lady at service desk stated cashier had accidently punched in incorrect number for those sweet potatoes. Anyway, she gave me back $1.70. Not much but stuff like that adds up.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Yes. Prices vary from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart, especially items like OTC medicines.

3. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

It takes me forever to check out at Walmart because I'm watching the register as the prices scan - I always find something that doesn't ring up right - today it was the pineapple that rang up for $3.98 instead of $3.00. Once I got charged for two turkeys - noticed it on the way out - unfortunately, once you pay for something you have to deal with customer service to get the refund so now I watch my stuff as it scans and correct the problem before I pay. I did check my receipt for the sweet potatoes as I just bought some today in Clayton - they rang up correctly.

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

There was one item I was buying regularly at the new wally world that had three different prices on the shelf (all the same item codes). Of course, it would ring at the highest price- I was a regular at customer service for a while there.

They seem to have finally settled the price at the middle of the three.