Checked out new pizza place - Cleveland Pizza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Jul 20, 2010.

1. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

The kiddos and I went to a late afternoon movie today, and were heading to Charlie's BBQ on the way home for dinner. We got there as he was closing, so Charlie, being the great guy he is, personally walked us down to the new pizza place, Cleveland Pizza. (This is all on Cleveland School Road in the Cleveland Emporium area).

Anyhow, I wanted to give a report to all my 4042 friends on this place. The garlic knots were OK. I talked with the owner and told him I thought they needed a little more garlic butter, and he offered more. We ordered 2 different types of pizza's, meat lovers and bbq chicken. Both were out of this world!!! I would highly recommend you check out this place.

Prices: around $14.99 for a a 14" pizza, and 18.99 for an 18" pizza. It does change based on the type of pizza. Plain cheese pizza @ 14 inch is $9.99, 18" plain cheese is 12.99.

I have no ownership/connection to this place. Just passing on info.
    Hours Mon thru Thurs 11-8, Fri Sat 11-9
    Address 8948 Cleveland Rd
    919-209-9939

Enjoy!

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Thanks B2A2!

3. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I've been really wanting some NY style lately. Although maybe I'll go when Charlie's is closed so I won't have to choose between them...I've also REALLY wanted some good brisket. ;)

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I could stand for some good brisket myself......though it's hard for me to pass up some good fall off the bone ribs.

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

STOP! i'm at least 25 miles currently from any of that...and not getting close anytime soon.

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Maybe Charlie could send some brisket over and they could put it on a pizza.

7. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

or maybe they'd do family style and i could have a little bit of this and a little bit of that. that reminds me, who serves family style anymore besides stephenson's?

8. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Same recipes as when it was Grand Street Pizza........

I stopped in a couple of weeks ago (I think it was the first night they opened) and asked if it was the same food/recipes as the previous place, Grand Street Pizza and they enthusiastically said yes! I thanked them and left. Grand Street Pizza was good the 1st time I went there, then over a span of 6 months (right before they "closed") it was in my opinion, horrible food. Pizza was way too thin (even for NY style, which is what I'm used to), barely any bland sauce or cheese. The sausage, pepper and onion grinder had, and, I kid you not, only a few pieces of each on a stale roll, for $7-$8. I had such high hopes for a great pizza place close by. Oh well, will keep looking. Any suggestions other than Rays, Lapizza, or Marcos? Have found all of them to be just okay.

9. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Two Cousins is really good. Primavera is really good also...if you can stand the attitude that comes with the food.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You and me both.

I can't tell you the last time we *ordered* a pizza.

Lowes Foods Frozen pizzas are $3.00 but you can catch them on sale (www.lowesfoods.com), DH and I actually like them BETTER than any others we've ordered from. $3.00, 10-12 minutes later, and no tipping anyone.

JMO.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: We've actually been doing the $10 Pizza Hut pizzas................since their sanitation grade improved. They REALLY need to upgrade the one in Clayton. I'm having leftovers for lunch today. :mrgreen:

I know some folks love Veneros..............I haven't had anything there I liked, much less would make a return trip for. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but blech.

12. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I've been to Veneros when it was Good Fellas. The pizza was good. A little out of my way. I haven't been since they changed the name to Veneros. Sounds a little too much like a disease. :p

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

3 Olives, everything we've had from there has been good. Pizza, subs, calzones, kabob platters..... I love their pizza crust, not to thick, not to thin, just a little crisp to it and great flavor... not too much sauce on the pizza, toppings on top... not buried under the cheese....so they can crisp a little too... yummy!! :hurray:

They are right next to Sandhus, intersection of Amelia Church Rd. & Guy Rd. in Clayton.

14. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Is the new place still selling pizza by the slice?

15. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

:lol: :iagree:

16. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Thanks all for the tips! I will have to check out some of the places. I used to go to Goodfellas years ago before moving out of the area, since I moved back I see that the name has changed......but it sounds like so has the food, too bad. Ha Ha to Veneros sounding like a disease, isn't that the truth!

17. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

The name sounded familiar so I looked it up, and I agree the pizza is really good, and you couldn't be more RIGHT about the attitude. I'm a "Yankee" and I'm used to this, but I couldn't believe the "you're bothering me while trying to spend your hard earned money here" attitude.

18. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

20. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I do have to get my pIzza hut fix every once in awhile also. They might have cleaned it but if you are ever in there at the cash register look up at the ceiling fan. It was nasty for a long time then they cleaned it. I mean how could you have let that ceiling fan run with the food coming out of the oven and being cut right below it. It was black with dirt at one time.

but again I have to get my pizza hut fix sometimes. The pizza Hut in Zebulon is really good and clean though.