chickens in clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Apr 10, 2017.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

bridgett likes this.
  3. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

I think this would be a great idea. They are easy to keep and not bad at all. They already sell chicks at Hudson Hardware so I can't believe they don't already allow them.

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

hudson's sells to residents that live outside toc.

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

if you don't have a rooster, chickens are no problem.

6. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I've posted on here before about my neighbor's chickens. I hate those #$%@# things. HATE them. They don't stay on his property, they scratch up my mulch, they scratch our vehicles, forget being able to put out any grass seed, they eat it all, they aggravate my dogs and the rooster is obnoxious. If you want them, great, keep them penned up and for God's sake don't get a rooster. There's a coyote keeping them under control right now, I'm rooting for him. :mad:

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder if we can have chickens where I live

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

rent 2 chickens for 2 months at 400$, I'll deliver you eggs each week.

Hught likes this.
  10. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

I have to agree this is the worst case situation, but everyone that I know that have backyard chickens only have hens and they contain them to their yard. I don't know of anyone neighbors that complain about them or may not even know that they have backyard hens. Definitely don't need a rooster if you are getting them as a hobby or eggs.

11. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Our neighbor has chickens and a rooster. The chickens get out every once in a while, and the rooster makes noise at all hours, it can be annoying at times.