Childcare 40/42 area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by carrief, Apr 28, 2010.

1. carrief

carrief Guest

I'm be looking for childcare in November for my 3 month old and looking for daycare that you can pay by the day. I only need daycare 1 to 2 days a week. Any info you have to share would be great.

Thanks

2. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I've been on the hunt for part time care as well. I've called around to 10 plus daycares and they all said the same...they do not do part time till after 2 yrs old. I was frustrated at first but then thought about it from an owner perspective. They make the most $$ on the kids under two. If they let in a lot of part timers they wouldn't have space for the full time kidos.

Even after two yrs old they have a disclaimer that if they run out of space and a full timer wants in. They can give you a two week notice to either go full time or go elsewhere.

So far the only locations around here that I have found that do part time care after 2 yrs old are:

Building Blocks 553-1030 (Great Facility and very secure)
    M,W,F or T,TH

Cleveland childcare Dev Center
    919-661-2373
    2 day
    3 day

Garner academy 772-4072
    3 day

New beginnings 773-0807
    3 day
    Kids r Kids 550-8864 (FABULOUS Facility but too expensive for our family)
    3 day
    The Growing Child 550-8002
    3days

I have more info on these locations but deleted the stuff above that wasn't pertinent to this thread. If you want more info you can PM me. I didn't visit all of these locations. I'm trying to decide between Building Blocks and Little Stepping Stones (that doesn't offer part time but we loved the people and facility)

Hope this helps. I went to the website everyone on here suggested http://ncchildcaresearch.dhhs.state.nc.us/search.asp?lang=English
    I did a search based on zip code and started calling around. Hopefully the info above will help you not have to go through a lot of calls.

Otherwise you can try something like Screaming Mimi's in Clayton or Right Time Kids in Garner. They both have part time and drop in care, although I think they are only allowed to be there 20-30 hrs a week since they are not registered daycares.

Good Luck!:grouphug:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Ick, don't take your newborn to Screaming Mimi's or some drop-in place. Do you have any other resources such as a church you belong to where you could find an individual that you feel super comfortable with?

4. pcgeek

pcgeek Active Member

Are you looking for in home or a licensed day care?

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I pm'd you.

Stephanie--mom to 7

6. carrief

carrief Guest

Wow Thanks for all the info 4MetoKnow.

I'm looking for whatever fits best for me. So anything you have daycare or in home care info would be great. I just want to make sure I find the right fit for the baby and my needs of 1 to 2 days a week.
    Thanks

7. pcgeek

pcgeek Active Member

I sent you a message with some information.

8. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I don't have an "in home facility" but babysit all the time. Have been since I was 12 and am 26 now. Let me know if you're interested. Can provide you with references.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member