Childrens Center

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GarnerGirl2000, Mar 2, 2010.

1. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Yes I can see that there are many threads on here about childrens centers in the area! I dont feel like reading thru all of them :) Just wanted to know if any of yall have used or what you have heard about Riverwood Childrens Center and Carolina Childrens Center????

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

a big oh no on Riverwood!! Just heard to much on them no personal experience plus that are rated 1 star last I checked!

3. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

what age is the child?

4. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

he is 4 months now, we are looking to move to Clayton sometime next yr I hope!

5. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Little Learners if it is still there in Clayton!!!!

6. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I don't have experience with public care for that age. My experience is with toddler to school age but I can tell you where I don't recommend. I don't recommend Kids R Kids, Little Learner or Lionsgate. Riverwood, Lionsgate & Carolina Child Development Center are all part of a chair owned by Appletree Academies. We have used Carolina Child for teacher workdays and my son liked it. The facility is nice but is now starting to show it's age. Our experience with Lionsgate was for summer camp and they just didn't have enough help. KRK is way overpriced for the service you receive and we had a very bad experience at Little Learners about 5 years ago. Riverwood is a nice facility and I would try them for summer camp but they are too far out of the way. Good luck with your search.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Building Blocks on Winston Rd.

8. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Call the Partnership for Children of Johnston County at 919-202-0002 and ask them for a parent referral.

This is a FREE service and they will tell you a list of centers and homes in the area, info about what to look for and answer any questions that you may have.

The ladies at the Partnership are super helpful and they have a toy lending library also.

But if you want a family child care home I recommend Debbie Clark if she has an opening, 5 star home daycare, 550-6101. Her place is awesome and she is amazing. :lol:

Hope this helps Jenn

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

It's been many many years now but we used Building Blocks and loved them!