Children's swing sets

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pwoods, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

Know of any places that sell nice quality kid's swing sets/slides. We are aware of the Amish store on Cleveland School Road. Anywhere else that you would recommend? Just really looking for 2 swings and a slide. Thanks!

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

We've had a great experience with Playnation in Morrisville. They have a lifetime warranty on their products as well, I've had them come out once to replace wood that was splitting, another time the tarp blew off in a storm, and they've always taken care of us.

3. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

I don't know if you only seeking new products, but you can browse Craigslist for some wonderful deals. Families have invested in some great equipment but the children have grown out of the equipment and now mom & dad are selling the equipment (in this economic downturn every penny helps).

A neighbor purchased a great jungle jim/swing set with slide for a 2 year old at a fraction of the price new. They had to dis-assemble, haul and re-assemble but well worth the savings.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

There's a place on Glenwood Ave going towards Durham that specializes in woodsplay sets. Expensive but massive. I bought one for my kids and took me two days to get that thing together. They can do it too. I am just a do it yourselfer and wanted to save the 250 installation.

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

We bought ours here too, it was a great playset and lasted for years, with nice guarantees and resale value. Here is their info:

Woodplay of the Carolinas
    9521 Lumley Road
    Morrisville, NC 27560

http://woodplaync.com/

6. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

You might also want to consider building one. Fraction of the cost. We looked into the big swingsets but at a couple thousand a piece, no way. Now, this was awhile back, like 10 years ago, but we went to Home Depot/ Lowes (don't remember which one) and bought the lumber. Built the whole thing for a little over $400. Got the rock climbing wall free off craigslist as well as the slide for $50. It is still standing, my kids still use it. As well as many other kids. Only thing we've replaced are the swing chains. Even has a sandbox on the bottom for the younger ones. It's an option. Not for everyone but was built to last and has. Good luck. My advice though, look at the swings. That is the part by far that is used the most. We made the beam to hold a couple hundred pounds. Even my teens and their friends have swung on those w/out issue. If you get a playset w/ little swings, the interest will be lost quickly.

Stephanie-- mom to 10