CHS Band Raffle for a NEW CAR!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wraunch, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

All,
    As you may or may not be aware the Cleveland High Band is going to be raffling off a brand new 2013 Chevy Sonic sponsored by John Heister Chevrolet on September 28th at Cleveland High School.

Tickets are on sale now for $25.

Please message me if you would like to buy a ticket.

2. Wraunch

No replies, come on folks, help these kids raise some money!!!

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

How many tickets are they looking to sell?

I sure as heck know I could use a new car with a warantee

4. Wraunch

As many as you want!

5. Rockyv58

how many tickets in total are they selling? 100? 1000? 5000? I am curious about my odds of winning

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Shame on you Rocky! If everybody thought about odds before buying lottery tickets no one would buy one! :jester:

In all fairness this has to be looked at more from a charity angle.

7. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

where are they selling tickets -

Besides your selling tickets, will they be selling them at the Cleveland 4th of July celebration?

8. Rockyv58

Oh but I am looking at the charity angle. What's the old saying of "Charity starts at home" LOL :)

And I am a firm believer of hedging my bets (odds). If there was 1000 tickets I probably wouldn't buy one, but if there were only 100 tickets I would buy 2.

I am tired of having to hit up my IRA just to fix another freakin problem on my used car I only bought a year ago.

PS Happy 4th of July

9. Wraunch

They are hoping to sell around 2500 tickets. They did try to sell some at the 4th celebration but nobody was willing to purchase.

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I will get in touch with Jason when school starts back.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  11. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Being involved with an organization that used to sell raffle tickets on a new truck every year (for only $1 a ticket) and we would sell over 35,000, three years ago we stopped and just give away cash. Why? Because the winners always bitched about paying taxes on the new truck.

Now we give away $6,000 in cash instead, no complaints.

12. Wraunch

That's an option with this raffle. You win the brand new 2013 Chevy Sonic or $15,000 cash, your choice!!!