Circular stacks of rocks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DontCareHowYouDoItInNY, Jul 14, 2013.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about those stacks of flat rocks that are stacked like a cylinder on a little round pallet and wrapped in fencing. They are for sale at several different garden supply centers along 42 towards Fuquay as well as a few other local places, but I've never stopped to inquire.

Has anyone ever purchased or priced them? I'm just looking for a ballpark price. The other question is whether they can be loaded on a pick up truck or must they be delivered.

Thanks!

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

We bought them about 7 years ago to use as a rock wall edging. We have a sloped landscape and it really looks good and wasn't too hard to get it level. It's like putting a puzzle together (we got the grayish color flagstone type). We brought the whole thing home on a 4x6 trailer, but took about half of the rocks out and spread them out to disburse the weight and took it easy coming home. One cylinder/cage full is ALOT of rocks!! We had extras after building the wall in front and we made a nice firepit out back. I honestly cannot recall how much we paid, but it has really held up over the years and still looks great. We got the rock at Classic Stone Supply near Princeton. Nice guy who helped us. I think this is the number, but we haven't been there in quite a few years. Good luck!!
    Classic Stone Supply
    (919) 965-8822
    4767 US Hwy 70 E, Princeton, NC