City BBQ is now open, with grand opening on June 27th

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Jun 16, 2015.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Come on out and try us!!!!
    Ask for a sample if you're unsure. We're glad to let you try before you buy. Mondays are double points, and Tuesdays are rib bone Tuesdays, rib bones for $1.25
    Soft opening right now, but grand opening on the 27th.
    Get the chocolate cake, or banana pudding, or peach cobbler to complete your meal.
    Tell em George sent you.

jlc007, Kelyel, Sherry A. and 2 others like this.
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Good Luck Sir!

jlc007 likes this.
  3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

What the hell is City Bow?

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I second that emotion......

5. esther

esther Active Member

City Barbecue next to Cabela's

6. sirputz

Stupid auto correct. Bbq goes to bow....and I didn't catch it.
    I'll post a list of events happening on the 27th tonight I hope. I know Mr. And ms. Wolf pack Will be there

jlc007 and Kelyel like this.
  7. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I'd edit the title. Glad to hear y'all are open!

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I heard your place was awesome. Maybe I'll see Wolf/HPD there......lol

Sherry

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We went at lunch and it was very good. I had a "lite lunch" plate, pork bbq, vinegar slaw (they have both vingegar & mayo based), gumbo and the baked beans w/brisket. The gumbo was good, but its not gumbo that you would be expecting. It's very thick, and they use their own smoked meats in it, so it gives it a different taste. Everyone was super friendly, very attentive, the woman at the door was great to explain the menu options to expedite the ordering process when you got to the register since the line was a little long. If you get fries for a side item, its enough for 2 people, its huge. I tried a hush puppy, they were good, just a little onion flavor in them. The sweet city bbq sauce was really good on the bbq. They have thick bbq sauces in sweet & hot, and vinegar based sauces too, all at a bar for "fixin's". I will try the brisket next, it looked really really good!! All you have to do is drive over there and you can smell it, and the wonderful smell with suck you in!

Sherry A. likes this.
  10. sirputz

Opening Celebration set for June 27th 10am to 4pm.

10:15 Rib 'N Cutting
    10:30 Doors Open
    12-3pm Sauce Contest (you can even help judge)
    1-4pm Live Music by Ronnie Tsunami and the Wave Runners
    2-4pm Mr & Ms Wulf from NC State

PLUS 10% of sales will be donated to Community of Hope Ministries
    110 Cabela Dr, Garner NC
    919 258 2009
    In case your nose won't get you there by the smell of the Hickory smoking the meats to perfection.

11. sirputz

you should have asked for a sample!!!! You can sample anything!!!

12. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

We went for dinner Friday. Food was good. It was packed! I would say wait a few weeks for the herd to die down or order to go. I got the Cowbell brisket sandwich, i thought it was very good. I would avoid the ribs as I found them chewy. It seemed like they were cooked too fast and could use more rub on them. The bbq and the brisket were great as we all shared what we ordered. I think the dining room might need a little tweaking over time as the tables were a little small for all the various plates that come with the order and it was difficult to walk around seated tables. All that said, it was a great buy for the money and we will definitely return!

13. sirputz

I appreciate you coming, and as far as the ribs, they are not cooked fast. But slow smoked. The ribs are not fall off the bone like many advertise, and not meant to be. Grilling will cause them to fall off the bone because of the process of direct heat, smoking creates indirect heat and thus a "tougher" bite. The way my boss describes it is, "eat the ribs like you would corn on the cob, leave teeth marks on the bone."
    I can't speak for your experience as I wasn't there Friday, but the line has died down during the week, though at times it will be out the door. Last night we were busy, but tables were readily available. Weekends will be busy just like any other restaurant.
    I agree the tables are small, and I would rather see a rectangular tray rather than the round one. But you don't have to keep it on your table. Flag down anyone with city BBQ and we'll gladly help clear some room.

And don't forget, Tuesdays are rib bone Tuesday. Bones for $1.25 each. Try one by asking for a sample, then order as many as you like.

14. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Had dinner there last night - Lo Lo’s Pulled Pork w/ Slaw. Very good! Will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu! (Thumbs up on the cobbler for dessert also.) :cool:

15. sirputz

If I knew who you were, I would've said hi.

Probably said something to you in some aspect last night. I was on call in-web orders last night but bounced around a lot.
    So who's going to come see me tonight? Ask for George.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

My dad and step mom went this weekend and my step mom was up all night sick from the food.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Sirputz, do you think they would be interested in participating in this year's Taste of Cleveland? Logans always participates and they are in Garner too. Let me know and i can send you the info and app by email. Thanks, can't wait to try y'all!

18. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

George, are you a server?

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I hope they will!! Their food would give Logans and CDH a good challenge!

kaci likes this.
  20. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Tried them out this week. Was pretty good overall. The ribs were definitely under cooked and it's a bit pricey.