Class Rings

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Question for the been there done that parents of teens. I have 3 kids currently interested in class rings. Umm, saw the catalog and about fainted. I really did NOT expect prices to literally be in the hundreds. Cheapest is like $250. Most are in the $300 & $400 from what I can glance at. I was expecting around $150 at best. So, my question to you more experienced parents, is this the ONLY place to order class rings from? Is there any place that is a little less expensive? If so, can you share? Thanks in advance.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

2. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Walmart online has class rings for all accredited high schools, start at about $100 for cheapest metal it looks like. I hated buying the class ring because I knew it would either get lost or wouldn't be worn. I was right on both accounts. Good luck!

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

My son didn't like the ones available through school, so we are ordering from Josten's online, don't know that they are any cheaper, but just another option. Also, check Zale's, last time I looked they had theirs on SALE!

4. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

We also could not stomach the prices of the rings from school. DD looked at Walmart online but I was concerned that they might be made in China and could have a high level of lead in the metal. I found a family business in Texas that makes school and military rings and they are awesome...DD got her ring a month ago and she loves it. She gets compliments on it from kids at school all the time. Dunham Manufacturing is the company.

http://www.dunham-mfg.com/Default.aspx

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks all! This is awesome. Makes it more of an option for us now. I appreciate it.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

6. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

my daughter got hers from walmart no problems with it loves it and still wears it.