Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, I just have to say something about this restaurant. They are THE BEST!!!! They had given us a gift certificate back in December. Finally got around to using it this past week. Normally, we literally never go out to dinner just due to the expense of it all and some of the kids "issues." First my husband and I went for lunch as he was off work one day last week. Loved it so much, we decided to take the kids back this past weekend. (yep, tax money--LOL). All the rest is going to pay stuff off or save but we wanted to treat the kids to a night out to dinner. Went to the Cleveland Draft House. They are friendly, great atmosphere, delicious food(understatement here...yummm!), fantastic service and the list goes on. It was just a very nice place to go. I am NOT associated w/ them in any way shape or form. Just wanted to let folks know of a local place that treats people fantastic adn does their job. I used to be a restaurant manager so I have at least some say here. My 8yo son said " can I tell them this is the best place to eat ever?!" I said I will. So, I did.

So, if anyone needs a place to eat out and not have to worry about if the food will be good, please give this place a try. Their wait staff is superb and food very tastey and large portions too. Just wanted to say thanks to the Cleveland Draft House for providing a nice restaurant locally for us all to go to. Haven't tried it folks....please go. Hope you don't mind me writing. Just I think good local places need to be recognized.

Take care,

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Try to go every Friday night. Can't be beat for distance, price, service, and quality of food.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Stephanie, I'm so glad you guys had a good time!

I personally LOVE the Draft House. The beers are cold, the wait staff are just awesome (and cute LOL), the owners have been nothing but nice to me, my family and friends and that counts for something with me!

You guys should go out more often. I hope to see you again soon!

4. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

:cheers: Cleveland Draft House quickly became my favorite restaurant after relocating to the area last summer. When I have out of town guests, I always make it a point to take them to eat there. The fried pickle chips on the appetizer menu are the schiznik!! :cheers:

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Stephanie - I'm glad that you had a great time there, especially since you don't get out very often! My kids love the place too! My dad actually built the benches in there, when you wait to be seated, so my son always says he wants to go where his poppy built the benches. Unfortunately, we don't go there much because my hubby and I hate the service, but that's another story...the food is incredible, I will give them that, some of the best burgers around, and I could eat a burger every day of my life!! :lol:

6. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

beer and wraps are yummy! also try the fried pickles! YUM!!!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep, what she said:hurray::hurray:

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I love their selection of drafts, just not fond of the open service operation they have.

I do love their meatloaf sandwich.....not as good as my homemade mind you, but better than most, especially the amount you get.

Craig

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like CDH but I'm even MORE glad that you had the opportunity to 'get out'!!

10. WVELEM

WVELEM Active Member

I am glad you guys enjoyed the Cleveland Draft House. My family and I went about a year ago. It was very obvious we were not welcomed. We have not gone since. :evil:

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the same experience we had. They refused to seat us with friends of ours, even though the place was 1/2 empty, and they had a bunch of tables free, even the big round ones. They were trying to seat us at two separate booths, which defeats the purpose of going out with friends. :? We tried telling them we had sat at the big round table before with the same exact group of people, but they didn't want to hear it. We ended up leaving, and it's a shame, because I really, really like their food! It was a long time before we went back there, and we've never had good service. I think we've been there three times since then, and every time it's been bad service (and I'm talking both sides). So if Stephanie had good service, she's lucky!! :hurray:

12. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Whenever I go to the CDH.....they give me very good service...even remember what kind of dressing I want without me asking....know what i normally drink...and this is from different servers.

Maybe they remember me because I'm a big tipper and don't complain a lot.

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We had never complained up until that night...we had never had great service before that, but always just thought it was because they were new. I always loved their food, so we always went. Kids love it too. But after that night, it just put a bad taste in our mouths. I mean, if your place is 1/2 empty and you've got a party of 9 trying to come in, it seems like you'd want them to come in! It was the middle of the week, not a weekend, there was no excuse...they wanted us to keep waiting for two tables to clear out when there were a bunch of tables empty, we could see them from where we were!!

14. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Love the Draft House!!!

15. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

not 1 place can be perfect all the time.....i would give it another try.

16. Blondie

Blondie Guest

My husband and I love the Draft House. The food is great and our service has always been wonderful.:cheers:

17. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We like their food a lot, but don't go very often because of the smoke. Even though it's only smoking on the bar side, on Friday and Saturday nights you just can't get rid of the smell. We go there if we go out during the week (which rarely happens).

We were just saying how wonderful it would be if someone turned Chops into a draft house with food just as good but non-smoking. We'd go there every weekend to eat and hang out at the bar. Now we usually end up driving pretty far to find a non-smoking bar that is decent.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

yep, that's my only complaint. the smoke. even my checkbook, inside my purse smells like a cig butt after being in there. it's really bad.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, the food is just fine, and as long as I sit with some regulars, the service is great. However, let's just say I've had less than stellar service at other times and they aren't at the top of my list when trying to figure out a place to eat as a result.

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We try to support local businesses. The service we've gotten, at best, was just fair. The food is good and that's what we initially think of when we're choosing where to go....and then we remember the semi-service, and the malodorous lingering smoke smell in our clothes and hair. All told, we've made it there 5 times in 6 months. Haven't been back since end of January, as we tend to recall the negatives outweighing the positives. And, lately, the positives just don't seem to add up.