Cleveland has an offer, what does Cleveland want to do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ron Still, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

THE NEED: 10,000 children, 43,000 residents within 5 miles, 9-10 schools, and no county library books based in the community. Well, community residents spent three years changing that image of this community.

CLEVELAND'S SUCCESS: Without raising taxes, Cleveland now owns more than $5.6 million in books and movies. Its library has more than 160,000 books, with 30,000 ($700,000) or more coming this month.

THE OFFER: Barnes and Noble gave the Cleveland Library $35,000 worth of metal commercial shelving last year. This year, I was just told that we could have more, if we acted immediately, and if we waited, the shelving would go to Durham or be trashed. This is not unusual when a business is renovating and needs the space cleared immediately. What is your preference regarding this donation?

The Library is looking for local leadership to weigh the options on this type of gift, since it has been offered almost $800,000 in gifts during the past month.

It needs more room for shelving and books. Where can we put some more books and movies in this unincorporated area of the county?

One option would be to find some space and make a separate children's library. Another would be to find some space and run a small lending library at 50/210, Archer's Lodge, or another location at 40/42. We could easily send 10,000 books out to start another location, but would need volunteers to keep it running and neat.

SUCCESS STORY: A charity in Cary started in the family garages. A person needing an item, would be sent to the garage with that item stored there.

Time is so very sort, just call me or send me an E-mail. What do you want us to do about this offer and where can we put it if we accept?

919-661-6565 Ron@4042needs.org

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011