Cleveland High

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tams, Jan 27, 2011.

1. tams

tams Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have a child at Cleveland High? If so, how do you like the school?

My son will be going there next year and am very curious.

TIA

2. ncgal

ncgal Well-Known Member

My daughter is a freshman and so far its been great! She likes her classes, her teachers, and its been low on "high school drama". I have liked how the administration and teachers have done a great job with communicating with parents. The semester started on Tuesday so brand new classes and teachers. That afternoon I had a welcome email from her teachers explaining how the policies and procedures of their class.

3. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Great so far I have a sophmore there and with just two grades there now it is quiet. shouldn't be too crowded next year either.

4. tams

tams Well-Known Member

When will there be a Junior and Senior class?

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

This year's sophomores will become next year's junior class and then the senior class the year after that. In the 2012-13 school year, they will have all four classes there.

6. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

This school definitely has a lot less "drama" than WJHS. I have kids at both schools. There seems to be less chaos at Cleveland but maybe that's only b/c there are two grades there this year. Who knows. I just know I've been nothing but disappointed at WJHS and nothing but pleased w/ Cleveland. They did not follow instructions in the beginning for an IEP but once brought to their attention, they did & it has been great ever since. No issues w/ the schools or the teachers. BTW, the teachers are willing to go above & beyond what is needed. I was very impressed w/ that. Only my opinions. I'll have 3 kids there next year....freshman, sophomore, junior. Hope it continues this way as a school. Also like that they don't ignore you when you walk in the office. Good luck to you and I think you'll be pleased at Cleveland. They seem to be doing something right & may just give the county back a good name in regards to high schools. There's been enough negative press w/ the other one as you know.

Stephanie--mom to 7

7. JoCOminitrucker

JoCOminitrucker Well-Known Member

In time, Cleveland and West will be just alike. Cleveland has 600 kids compared to nearly 2000 at West? Of course it will run smooth in the beginning. Best to get your kid in Cleveland and out now before the population swells in the coming years.

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:iagree: And since the kids are only sophomores and freshmen, most probably don't drive yet, or work, and still have relatively early curfews, and no senioritis...just give it time, chaos will come :lol:

9. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I have one that goes there and he loves it. The staff is wonderful.