Cleveland Pride Raffle ticket drawing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gdogg79, Jul 6, 2011.

1. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

On Sunday 7/3, a boy came to our house selling raffle tickets for the Cleveland Pride basketball team. They were raising money to travel to a tournament. My husband bought two tickets for a $1 each and the boy went on his way. The boy was dropped off by a man in a car (assuming his dad). We got to looking at the tickets and it says that the drawing for the raffle was held on Saturday 7/2. Did this happen to anyone else?? Or is there something we're missing here??

It is only $2 so not a big deal but I thought it was odd that a parent would let their kid do that.

2. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Posted on behalf of Cleveland Pride Basketball

“We apologize for any confusion from the date printed on the raffle ticket. Our intentions were to originally have the drawing to coincide with the Cleveland 4th of July celebration that usually takes place on the Saturday closest to the 4th. We printed the tickets in advance only to find this year there was a change and the event actually took place on the 4th (Monday) and this caused us to shift our events including the drawing to Monday. Our player the sold you the ticket should have made you aware of that during the purchase and we apologize that he did not. The drawing did take place on Monday the 4th at 3pm and winners have been notified. We thank you and your family for your support in helping the Pride kids fundraising efforts in order to attend the USBA National Basketball Tournament in N. Myrtle Beach July 10th-16th and 17th-23rd. If you have any questions or even would like a refund we will gladly comply.

We can be reached through http://clevelandpridebasketball.shutterfly.com/ Again our apologies for any confusion.”

3. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Where did you find that? I figured we were missing something and now I'm glad to know that we were.

4. alen

alen Well-Known Member

I am with the GCAA, and I let them know there was a problem...they asked me to post their reply.