Climate controlled two car garage

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by firefly69, Oct 3, 2011.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have a finished 2-car garage (single garage door) with no windows or exterior doors. I want to install something to heat and cool the garage year round. Has anyone done that? What is the best way to do that? Heat pump? Can't have a window unit hanging out due to HOA (no window in there anyway). Trying not to break the bank, but the temperature needs to stay constant for what I want to do. Any suggestions from someone who has experience with adding heat/ac to a space? TIA!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Call Riley Horne.

Sherry

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If you want a second opinion, I know Arctic Air does it too. :cheers: 796-4681

4. 27577

27577 Guest

just call any hvac place and start collecting quotes. its not rocket science

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

There are units you can mount on the inside, I believe it may be the Mitsubishi someone mentioned earlier. Alot of builders are using them in bonus rooms now.

7. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

HVAC

Get a used PTAC unit, heatpump off craigslist. They are dirt cheap with all the hotels closing down all over.

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thank you! That is the info I was looking for, PRM and MamaApe! DH had researched that unit, but it is good to hear first hand comments and know what to ask for when calling for quotes. PRM, either me or DH will give you a call today for that number.