Clothing/Donation drop off containers?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 16, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

There used to be one sitting in the Lowes Food parking lot in Clayton but the last time I was there it wasn't there any longer,are there any others in or around the Clayton area?
    Thanks!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

FWIR, those donation boxes are owned by some "business" out of FL that actually sells them, I can't remember exactly. I would drop them off at Basic Needs.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hold on to it, the new Good Will will hopefully be opening soon

4. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Fyi

There is a family in parrish farms subdivision that is taking donations for a friend who is battling cancer. They are going to sell the donated items at a yard sale. All of the proceeds will go to the lady with cancer. Apparently the lady is 37 years old, has served overseas, and is the mother of 5 children. The address for drop offs is 197 rose court and the yard sale will be fab 19th. If you can't find a good will or something, this would be a worthy cause.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. Is a this Clayton or Garner address? My gps needs to know. I don't know where Parrish Farms is. Hey! Why don't you put on the 4042 community calendar!? ... wish I had known sooner. I have plenty to donate. Let me know if they plan to do do another any time soon.

6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

It is considered Benson...Between mcgees crossroads and 42.

7. Jubes

Jubes Well-Known Member

There is a drop box at the WalMart at 4042.

8. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

you could also check with local churches some may do clothes closets!

9. AnnetteL

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions! :)

10. AnnetteL

What a great idea,thanks! Sounds like it's nearby as well.