Coffee Maker

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Bought a "Mr Coffee" coffee maker back in July 2011 at wally world on route 42. Sunday morning it quit working. Been drinking tea since, but it just doesn't give me the same kick. Stupid me didn't keep the receipt cause I have had Mr Coffee brand before and they have worked flawlessly. Thankfully I wrote a check to wally world and enter all my stuff into quicken. So I found the original purchase date was July 1, 2011.

It is still under warranty. The closest warranty place is up in Virgina Beach VA. I spoke to the guy there and he told me I can ship it up to him and Mr Coffee will ship back a new one. The guy I spoke to said all I have to do is right down the original purchase date.

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Are you bragging?

(Cool! :))

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

[​IMG]

:lol:

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Dude, it's Walmart - Save yourself some trouble. Make them responsible for the Chinese junk they sell. If you don't have the box, go buy another one, put yours in the box and return it for a refund.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

In other words, rip 'em off, they can afford it! :twisted:

6. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Wish I could hit a like button.

7. kevinsmithii

It's called accountability.

8. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

How are they not accountable? And where is your accountability when you rip them off?

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Wal-Mart will do exactly what the OP did...which won't be an issue for the mfg since they aren't going to raise a fuss with Wal-Mart over a cheap coffee maker.

WM should handle the hassle for the customer so I wouldn't think twice about taking it back to them.

10. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The warranty states not to return the product to the point of purchase. It is to be returned to the company.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

and you know this....how?

Let's pretend it's true.....I imagine the mfg states this so not to disrupt the relationship with the retailer. In this case, Wal-Mart isn't gonna care because they know Mr. Coffee won't have the balls to raise a fuss with the world's biggest retailer.

It will be filed in the "cost of doing business" section.

12. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

That's good, as long as you don't have to pay any postage associated with it
    :cheers: Me? I could not live that long without a coffeepot!

13. kevinsmithii

I worked for a large retailer. You want to keep good customers. Even i product says don't take back to point of purchase, as a retailer you take it back and handle the defective product yourself to keep customer happy. I worked in the RTM (return to manufacturer) section and 99 times out of 100 if the product was made in China, the direction dictated to destroy the product and credit was given to retailer by the manufacturer.

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The device is in warranty it's not ripping them off. They will get a credit for it from the manufacturer. Same end result without the customer having the expense of shipping.

Plus I hate those sons of *******!!!

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We had a "several" year old Bunn coffee maker go out and my DH called them and they sent us a mailing label via email. They had us to cut the plug off and just send it back along with a form they provided. I had registered it when I bought it so they had us in their system with the model number. They sent us a brand new and it got here in 2 days, I think? It also came with a full warranty. I was extremely impressed with their customer service. My MIL had hers to go out after many years and she had the same result with Bunn. We never had any luck with Mr. Coffee makers. After a few months, they didn't brew hot enough for our tastes. Bunn is more expensive, but it is worth it. I shouldn't have to buy another one if they continue to stand behind their product as they did this time. Rocky, if you don't return it to WM, I would ask them to email you a shipping label. That is the least they can do. But, honestly, I would take it back to WM as others have suggested. Good luck!

16. Rockyv58

I actually have the box just don't have the receipt. But I guess it would save me postage of shipping it to Virgina beach
    LOL

17. Rockyv58

So you totally recommend a Bunn. I have never had one. Usually have gone with Mr Coffee and black and decker.

18. Rockyv58

yea i have to pay postage. Been having tea in the mornings but I still end up going out to the wilco to get a cup of dunkin. I need my coffee daily

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I hope they will be reimbursing you; otherwise, I would be looking for a new coffeemaker; perhaps a different brand. We have a Cuisinart, the one with hot water dispenser built in the same machine. Love, LOVE it!

20. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

It's the one that has served us the best and we have tried different brands. We are picky...like the coffee scalding hot and the Bunn does it well. I would like a Keurig, but I can't justify buying it when I have a coffeemaker. In any case, I hope you get a new one...whatever brand!! :cheers: