Coldstone Creamery

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Hey, anyone ever been to this place in Garner? I've never been to one & wondering how they are and more importantly, their prices. I've looked all over the web & even googled but no prices available. Need to know if all of us are going. Can someone give me a ballpark? Cakes sometimes are a better bet for us as far as prices go. Reason I'm asking is Restaurants.com is having their certs on sale again at 80% off. Would love to treat the kids to some icecream tomorrow. Do you guys like it, love it, hate it, think it's fair prices, too expensive, what? Opinions please. Thanks.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Stephanie, it is a very good ice cream shop where you choose a flavor of ice cream out of about 12-15 options and then you choose "mix-ins", anything from brownies to m&ms, reese cups, marshmellow fluff, caramel, nuts, you name it. It is by no means cheap. For DH and I to get the medium sized cup(I think it is the "love it" size), with 2 mix-ins it is usually around $10. It is a "treat" for us when we do go because we can go to Cook Out for shakes for half that!. Wonderful ice cream though!

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Yes, very good. But expensive!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Might not be too bad with a gift certificate that you only paid 20% for though.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Yup... for the four of us it runs about $17-18. We only go as a special treat. I think we've been 4 times since they opened. They have a Birthday Club. Register your birthday online and on your bday they email a coupon for free ice cream for that person. http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/birthday/birthday_club.aspx

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've been exactly once. I nearly had a heart attack at the prices. It was very good, but I can buy at least 2 or 3 cartons of premium ice cream for what it cost us to go. Unless someone else is paying, I'm not going back. :p

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the 80% off? All I can find is 40% off.

8. Abdulina

Go to www.restaurant.com and punch in the zip code. They have $10 gift certs for .80 now. My husband and I could feasibly go in w/ children divided in half & use 2 $10 gift certs for 1.60. You have to spend $20 though but would not be hard for us w/ the bunch we have. Just thinking if they had a cake for $20, we'd only have to pay about $10 for the cake & that wouldn't be bad for all of us to eat. But if their cakes are like $40, there's no way I"d do it as we can get cheaper than that at the store. Carvel cakes are around $20. I bought one in December. So, was hoping these cakes would be about the same but seems like this place may just be too expensive. Don't know. Where's grandma when you need her--LOL.

Stephanie--mom to 7

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree: My daughter has a friend who works at the one in Garner and she loves working at that place.

Sherry

10. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We love their cakes. The big round ones are around $35, I think, after tax. It will feed 6 adults and 5 kids with maybe a piece or two left over (in our experience). WAY better than Carvel cakes and WAY, WAY better than the cheaper ones they have in the ice cream cake freezer at Walmart.

Oh, and I can't figure out how to get the 80% off either. I used your link and it's showing a $10 certificate for $4. And if you're seeing them for $0.80, that's 92% off, not 80% off (which would be $2 for a $10 certificate).

11. Abdulina

When it asks for a code, put in savor. That gives you the 80% off. Good luck.

Stephanie--mom to 7

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

My girls love the regular Coldstone. I tried the Sinless Sans Fatâ„¢ non-fat no sugar added ice cream with blueberries and raspberries added in and it was horrible! The ice cream was gritty and tasted like sand and the berries were really bitter. I ended up throwing it away!