Comforter Cleaning Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I have a King size comforter that is way too big for my washer/dryer. I asked a local dry cleaner how much it would cost to have it washed (not dry cleaned), and was told $35. Is this a reasonable price? If not, does anyone know where I could get it washed cheaper?

2. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

I ALSO HAVE A KING SIZE WAY TO BIG FOR MY WASHER...I TAKE IT TO THE DRY CLEANERS OFF OF HWY 70 IN THE WALMART SHOPPING CENTER..OVER IN THE CORNER NEXT TO MAURIES...IT WAS 16.75 FOR A WASH AND DRYER..NOT DRY CLEANING..ALSO I HAVE USED THE CLEANERS OFF OF HWY 50 NEAR BANK OF AMERICA...I THINK THEY CHARGED ME 20.00... GOOD LUCK!!

3. Allioop

Thanks! It's good to know I can save a little money.

4. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

My friend, my dd and I took them to a laundromat and used the big washer/dryers.
    It was somewhere around $6.00 for each of us.

5. Allioop

I didn't think of that! $6 is nice :)

6. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Where are the laundromats around here? I found one on Main St in Clayton but it was discustingly dirty..just went this morning to do my comforters too!

I think the cleaner mentioned - in the Walmart (rt 70) plaza - is called Best Price Cleaners.

7. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

There is a laundry mat in Garner across from Kmart that I have used for my comforter, however I don't like the smell of my comforter after using those washer and dryers. No matter how much good smelling stuff I put in there it never smells good. Kinda has a burnt smell to it. Maybe I should try a different one.

8. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Friend goes to one on US 70 near old Food Lion behind Wendy's. She used to go frequently coz she bought cheap comforters coz her dog used to get on her bed.DD and I went to the one in Smithfield in the same little strip mall as Edwards IGA on 301. Just an old laundromat but comforters didn't smell bad.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the burnt smell usually comes from having the dryer heat setting too high.

I wash my comforters at laundromat, but I take them home wet and hang them in the sunshine, on the deck rail (my make shift clothesline) to dry...nothing like the smell of mother nature drying your clothes.