Component Data Sheets??

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by ddrdan, Feb 2, 2013.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I've been using Alldatasheet.com and datasheetarchive.com. Both of them suck!! Worse than a 50/50 chance that either ever identifies the part numbers I enter. Even simple items like mosfets and transformers never show up? IC's are the worse, probably a 10% hit rate.

What's anyone else using to identify components?

2. YoGnomo

YoGnomo Member

I tip my hat to you, sir! I've never had the patience to work much with the hardware. Would have definitely saved me some money along the way, but just never really got into it.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The hardware is easy. Hardware has a designated and defined function. Just follow the schematic. It's just a mass of opening and closing gates.

I hate dealing with software, there's no schematic for that. Each programmer is his own DaVinci. :)

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Are you fixing electronics now too?

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I've been working on anything electronic for quite a few years? Laptops, LCD & DLP TV's. amplifiers, xbox, etc.

I do board repairs in lieu of the common "throw it away" and buy a new board option. I also have a reflow / reballer for chipset salvage & replacement. I bought it mainly for the xbox chipset problem.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Much better environmentally and more satisfying for Luddites like me!

7. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I'm Dendrophobic. Specifically, one from the Juglandaceae family called the 'Caucasian Wingnut' (Pterocarya fraxinifolia). Yet I frequent a forum that has a forest full of them? :lol::lol: