Computer messed up

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Dec 17, 2017.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I know I should have posted this under PC Help. Thought I would get help faster here. My computer is all messed up. I tried to fix it but made it worse. I depend on my computer to communicate. I cannot speak as I have ALS. Where can I send it to clean up all the mess? Thank You, Pat

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I use Intrex in Raleigh - wake forest rd - (919) 872-4427. they have a price list under "service"

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I have used Intrex to recover data from a crashed computer with very good results.

4. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

You know anybody local

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

6. Wayne Stollings

I do not. It sounds as if you are just having software issues. I have not used any of the direct access computer repair, but I have had corporate IT guys do things to configure a computer from another state. You give them access to the system over the internet and you can watch them do the configuration/changes in real time. That might be a viable option for you, but as I said, I have no first hand knowledge of the commercial companies doing that.

7. Wayne Stollings

A friend of mine in Texas just got back to me. He does remote work for local companies but he only does the Apple products so he would not be of much help. He did suggest that the Geek Squad from Best Buy did remote service where he was. They are not as good as he is, but would take out the risk of having some strange person in control of your computer. He mentioned that anyone who did not give a location was probably in India, which is not all bad, but a concern for some. He said that Office Depot did that service for a time but he was unsure if they still did. The IT guy I know in California still has not gotten back to me. He is corporate so he should be in the office in about 5 hours.

Sherry A. likes this.
  8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could tell us more about what’s going on with your computer and some of us may be able to help. Would help to know the make and model number of your computer. What operating system it’s using and exactly what’s going on.

Auxie likes this.
  9. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Best Buy geek squad will come to your house